close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally, my first 1911

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by oldnoob, Aug 25, 2012.

1. oldnoob

oldnoob
    Expand Collapse

I have shot few but never own one (GSG 22 doesn't count). I was debating between Kimber costume II, SA Loaded and a Sig. Then found a local sale for a NIB never fired XO with a offer I can't refuse. So here it is.

[​IMG]

I have only shot 100rd through it so far and loving it. For the price, I'm very surprise with it's build quality. It has a tight slide to frame fit, slide glides on the frame very smoothly. Come with two 8rd mags, extended mag release and front grip checkering, and that ERGO XT grip :rock:. I like the grip so much, I order another set for my future 1911.

I also shot a friend's TRP side by side with my Sig. I found myself not enjoying the sharp checkering on theTRP's grip after just 21rd. And my Sig's serration were much more milder.

Two things I have to nit pick on about my Sig XO.

1)Finish. I never like Sig's Nitron finish. I don't mind the matted black look (actually like it). But it's a very weak finish. Just by posting it to take a picture, I found a light scratch on its slide.

2)Trigger. I realize I'm just being greedy here. But with this good of build quality, I wish it come with a much lighter/crisp trigger. I felt, that I got a $1k build quality gun with a $500 gun's trigger.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Looks great

Congrats! :cool:

Sig 1911 triggers aren't the best out of the box, actually.

3. G26S239

G26S239
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Patron

Congratulations oldnoob. It will be a great shooter.

4. dakrat

dakrat
    Expand Collapse

congrats! shes a beauty

5. ca survivor

ca survivor
    Expand Collapse

Congrats!

6. craig19

craig19
    Expand Collapse

Congrats! Enjoy your 1911!

7. oldnoob

oldnoob
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Bac. I think I can live with it. I wasn't too happy with TRP's trigger neither. Consider I only pay half of what TRP would of cost me. I'm pretty happy. :cool:

8. Chuck TX

Chuck TX
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Very nice pistol.

9. SigFTW

SigFTW
    Expand Collapse

It's a good looking pistol!! congrats!

10. ZombieJoe

ZombieJoe
    Expand Collapse

Congrats! Looks AWESOME!

11. oldnoob

oldnoob
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. As long as one can pass the nontraditional slide profile. It's actually a good looking piece. I am planing on do some charismatic upgrade. I'm thinking to put on a magwell to hide the space between mag and frame. Here is a stock photo, I kind of hide it with camera angle. That little gap kind of annoying me.

[​IMG]

The trigger and hammer kind of stands up. I want them all match in black. And I'm not a big fan of skeletal hammer. I'll need to find one that's similar with GI hammer.

12. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

13. dnuggett

dnuggett
    Expand Collapse
    PRO 2A

Sigs are decent 1911s. I carry a RCS Nitron as my main carry piece. The slide to frame fit is a bit loose and the trigger isn't all that great for a 1911. Also after about 4-500 rounds without cleaning, copper FMJs will nose dive and it requires a good smack on the back of the slide to get it to load each round. Hollow points either won't load or require a slightly harder smack.

If you keep it clean it is a fairly accurate reliable 1911. I have grown used to it enough where I will carry it until it is shot out of service. I'm only at around 1500 rounds or so, so I assume it will be awhile.

As a side note anyone who is wanting a traditional 1911 Sig, they have been making them for awhile now.

#13 dnuggett, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012