close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Finally, my first 1911

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by oldnoob, Aug 25, 2012.

1. I have shot few but never own one (GSG 22 doesn't count). I was debating between Kimber costume II, SA Loaded and a Sig. Then found a local sale for a NIB never fired XO with a offer I can't refuse. So here it is.

[​IMG]

I have only shot 100rd through it so far and loving it. For the price, I'm very surprise with it's build quality. It has a tight slide to frame fit, slide glides on the frame very smoothly. Come with two 8rd mags, extended mag release and front grip checkering, and that ERGO XT grip :rock:. I like the grip so much, I order another set for my future 1911.

I also shot a friend's TRP side by side with my Sig. I found myself not enjoying the sharp checkering on theTRP's grip after just 21rd. And my Sig's serration were much more milder.

Two things I have to nit pick on about my Sig XO.

1)Finish. I never like Sig's Nitron finish. I don't mind the matted black look (actually like it). But it's a very weak finish. Just by posting it to take a picture, I found a light scratch on its slide.

2)Trigger. I realize I'm just being greedy here. But with this good of build quality, I wish it come with a much lighter/crisp trigger. I felt, that I got a $1k build quality gun with a $500 gun's trigger.

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Looks great

Congrats! :cool:

Sig 1911 triggers aren't the best out of the box, actually.

3. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    Congratulations oldnoob. It will be a great shooter.

4. Thanks Bac. I think I can live with it. I wasn't too happy with TRP's trigger neither. Consider I only pay half of what TRP would of cost me. I'm pretty happy. :cool:

5. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
  6. Thanks. As long as one can pass the nontraditional slide profile. It's actually a good looking piece. I am planing on do some charismatic upgrade. I'm thinking to put on a magwell to hide the space between mag and frame. Here is a stock photo, I kind of hide it with camera angle. That little gap kind of annoying me.

[​IMG]

The trigger and hammer kind of stands up. I want them all match in black. And I'm not a big fan of skeletal hammer. I'll need to find one that's similar with GI hammer.

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  8. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Feb 28, 2005
    DFW TX
    Sigs are decent 1911s. I carry a RCS Nitron as my main carry piece. The slide to frame fit is a bit loose and the trigger isn't all that great for a 1911. Also after about 4-500 rounds without cleaning, copper FMJs will nose dive and it requires a good smack on the back of the slide to get it to load each round. Hollow points either won't load or require a slightly harder smack.

If you keep it clean it is a fairly accurate reliable 1911. I have grown used to it enough where I will carry it until it is shot out of service. I'm only at around 1500 rounds or so, so I assume it will be awhile.

As a side note anyone who is wanting a traditional 1911 Sig, they have been making them for awhile now.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012