FINALLY Got to Shoot My Yugo M57 Tokarev!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by The_Gun_Guru, Feb 3, 2013.

1. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4hNsxZnX6c&feature=player_detailpage"]Shooting the Yugo M57 Tokarev - YouTube[/ame]

We shot about 50 - 60 rounds and it was flawless! Very happy with it. Not bad for a $200 gun that is close to 50 years old:wow:

I cleaned it today with Sweet's 7.62 Solvent and it came out great! I think between shooting it and using the Sweet's the bore looks so much better than before I shot it.

BEFORE:
    [​IMG]

AFTER:
    [​IMG]

AWESOME GUN!

TGG

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Very nice

They are cool pistols for sure. :cool:

3. My Yugo TT is on order, along with a few other C+R guns.

4. SOG has Yugo Tok mags. Great gun! It's fun to shoot at dusk.

5. The_Gun_Guru

I did see that in their catalog, I will get a few soon, thanks!

I'm thinking this would be a great glovebox gun. It's inexpensive, reliable and powerful.

Which ones? :wavey:

TGG

#5 The_Gun_Guru, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  6. Mine shoots really well with the Win/S&B ammo, though I did one FTE last time out.
    At 50ft....

[​IMG]

7. The_Gun_Guru

Very nice!:wow:

Was the "5" rapid fire? Nice shooting on the "6" (and the "5" too)

TGG

8. 5 and 6 were just five shot groups at 50ft at an indoor range. The lighting wasn't good and my first effort was the 3.25" group. On #6 I readjusted my stance for a little more light in the notch and pulled off that 1.25" group.
    I was as surprised as anyone, usually no. 5 is normal for me.

9. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Nice gun and nice shooting. Where are you getting ammo for it? 7.62x25 is not a common ammo for the US.

10. Watch the surplus dealers. Last year it could be had for $80 per 1200 round tin.

11. The_Gun_Guru

The surplus stuff is pretty much triple or quadruple the price from two years ago.

I got these two cans for about $70 each and saw them recently on GB for $399......FOR ONE!!!!

[​IMG]

Maybe it will come back down, but I wouldn't count on it.

TGG

12. Also keep an eye out for a 9mm barrel. I have one from my Norinco. It works great.

13. I have a Yugo. It is a shame that even with the dumb looking importer installed safety, the Romaninans still have better triggers.

14. The_Gun_Guru

I have a 9 mm barrel for my CZ 52 but I have not tried it yet :-(

the Romanian is my next one :)

TGG

15. Yesterday I received a new 9mm Yugo (Zastava). Very nice. Cheaper than the surplus at $260, 2 mags, plus you get one additional round than the Norinco. Bought mine from J&G.

16. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy
    Silver Member

Very nice!! I'd like to pick one up.

17. I've been looking for a 9mm CZ 52 barrel for a couple years. Prices have gone crazy, and they're hard to find now.

18. The_Gun_Guru

yep, I knew they would be, that's why I bought it as soon as it came out

TGG