Glock Talk banner

Finally got my suppressor

6K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  kf4zra 
#1 ·
SWR SPECTER II

Took 7 1/2 months to get the stamp.

See less See more
#5 ·
Me like! You are going to enjoy the Spectre II. Mine was approved last year. I put a Griptastic cover on mine. Mine is on a Buckmark Camper & does not interfere with the front sight. These covers are sold on the Subguns.com forum. I have no financial interest. It keeps your can cool to the touch. I fired 300 rounds and was able to remove it with my hand. Sorry to ramble on so much.

#10 ·
Congrats. I'm researching a lot for my first can. Can you elaborate on why you went with the Spectre? Mine will go on a buckmark. My LGS stocks AAC and Silencerco. I'm leaning toward the Element 2 but I'm not sure yet.
I was originally going with the Sparrow until a very knowledgeable friend advised me to go with the Spectre II. He was my SOT that had both in stock. IIRC there were a few reasons:
1. The o-ring and different baffles
2. It is also rated for the 5.7x28mm which I have (Sparrow might be the same)
3. It is full auto rated for .22LR which I shoot

#11 ·
Me like! You are going to enjoy the Spectre II. Mine was approved last year. I put a Griptastic cover on mine. Mine is on a Buckmark Camper & does not interfere with the front sight. These covers are sold on the Subguns.com forum. I have no financial interest. It keeps your can cool to the touch. I fired 300 rounds and was able to remove it with my hand. Sorry to ramble on so much.
Thanks. I'll check that out.

#12 ·
I was originally going with the Sparrow until a very knowledgeable friend advised me to go with the Spectre II. He was my SOT that had both in stock. IIRC there were a few reasons:
That plus:

It is user serviceable and easy to disassemble.

While researching, I didn't find any issues with a first round pop.

It is pretty quite on the Ruger 22/45 Lite in the picture. On my Savage Mark II FV-SR rifle, it is amazingly quiet. Quieter than a pellet gun...

#14 ·
I think you have that backwards. SparrowSS has o ring, and is full auto and 5.7 rated. I'm on month 6 of my wait...

#15 · (Edited)
I think you have that backwards. SparrowSS has o ring, and is full auto and 5.7 rated. I'm on month 6 of my wait...
Maybe not. From the SWR website:

Full Auto Rated for .22 lr
Multi Caliber Rated
Durable Stainless Steel
Chemical Resistant
Lifetime Warranty
User Serviceable with CTA Baffles
Built like a tank
O-Ring engagement to keep barrel threads clean and the silencer securely mounted

caliber:

.22 lr
.17 HMR
.22 Mag
.22 WMR
.22 Hornet
FN 5.7X28

http://swrsuppressors.com/products/rimfire/spectre-II

#20 ·
just picked up my spectre2 tonight !!!!

after a year . grrrrrrrr

got a 9 and 45 im still waiting on .

my dealer had a shooter get together last year . to come out and try different suppressor . the spectre 2 won hands down to me over the sparrow . sparrow got a loud first round pop . the spectre is quiet and keeps getting quieter

both are good . but spectre im happy with .

plus i got ps90 :supergrin::supergrin:

#21 ·
Very nice! I shot a guys at the range with a Supressor on it. Was just a PPK with one but it was so much fun to shoot..his took around the same time frame yours did. I asked specifically because ive wanted one for a while now and wanted to know what sort of wait id be in for. Also thinking of getting one I could swap between a rifle and pistol.

#22 ·
Congrats! I am probably 8-11 months out from getting to take my Pilot II home. ATF is currently quoting 9-12 months door to door.
I just wrote a letter to both US Senators and my House representative about the long wait to process a few documents just so taxpaying Americans could do a property transfer. Advised them with all the billions of dollars the federal government wastes couldn't they get the BATFE a couple more secretaries. :fist:

#23 ·
been waiting 3 weeks for atf to cash my check, god knows how long the wait to actually receive the stamp is these days.

you would figure they would want all the money they could get

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.