close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Finally got my G20 Finished.....BUT

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by johncalloway, Oct 13, 2012.

1. johncalloway

johncalloway

Jun 8, 2009
    Central AL
    [​IMG]

Like I said. I finally got my glock 20 finished. Isn't she pretty? Well she's also a paper weight now. Storm lake barrel is the problem. Installed it. No fitting required to ft the gun. I thought that was great. Then I go to my range, pull back the slide, let it go, and bullet goes halfway in. Ok...WTH...so I drop mag, clear the weapon, and do it again. Same results. Next I take it apart and drop the ammo by hand. Some will only drop in half way, and some will drop all the way in. So I load one in the mag that slid all the way in, and rack the slide. Out of battery. Will not close all the way. I take the gun back apart and realize that I thought the bullets were going all the way in, and they were not. I pull these bullets back out and notice the bullets are hitting the lands. So from my non expert gunsmithing, I have come up with that the chamber is to tight to feed out of my mag, and the chamber is not deep enough to chamber the round all the way in. So I'm on the hunt for a 10mm reamer. Anyone have one? By the way this is underwood 200 xtp's. I'm pretty sure it's not the ammo, but this is the ammo I want to Shoot anyway.

2. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

Oct 16, 2001
    NC
    I would return the barrel and let them fix/replace it.

3. johncalloway

johncalloway

Jun 8, 2009
    Central AL
    Well it said some fitting may be required. But I thought that meant fitting on the outside. Not reaming and all this other BS. I do plan on calling storm lake though.

4. Any Cal.

Any Cal.

Oct 27, 2008
    It would be outside fitting. They should take care of you, it is just a hassle. It could be some long loaded ammo or something as well.

5. johncalloway

johncalloway

Jun 8, 2009
    Central AL
    Cool. I hope they do. I tried some factory ammo to.

6. Aaaaaaaand there it is. :dunno:

7. johncalloway

johncalloway

Jun 8, 2009
    Central AL
    I was going to go with a kkm, but everything I read said their equal. I found the storm lake on sale at midway for 130

8. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    Without hesitation! Storm Lake is top notch, and will make it right. Just send it back and tell them what's wrong.

9. johncalloway

johncalloway

Jun 8, 2009
    Central AL
    I plan on it. Just have to wait for them to open.

10. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    I've owned two Storm Lake barrels, and they functioned flawlessly! My only complaint, was the chambers, being match grade, were too tight, for my old, many times reloaded, acp brass. The owner said send it back and they would loosen them up at no charge. Cannot complain about that kind service!:cool:

11. ds7br

ds7br

May 10, 2012
    My new Storm Lake barrel would'nt chamber some of my reloads due to the match chamber; some cases fit others would not. Got 1000 new Starline cases; problem solved. New, shiney, pretty, need more, and more. Must have more.
    Dennis

12. alank2

alank2

May 24, 2004
    Hi,

My new G20 SL barrel also began with feeding issues, but an every so slight chamber polish corrected them. If you send it in to them, they will polish it up and it should come back ready to run!

Good luck,

Alan

13. GotFour

GotFour

Dec 1, 2006
    Memphis, Tn
    The little Dremel polishing donuts are a perfect fit to the 10MM chamber. With a little auto polishing compound you can clean up the chamber and polish the feed ramp and edges of the chamber face while you're at it......you don't need a gazillion rpms to do this, less is more.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  14. johncalloway

johncalloway

Jun 8, 2009
    Central AL
    I did polish it, and the bullets did go in the chamber better, but the lands were hitting the bullet not letting it go all the way in the gun.