close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Finally Got My 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glocks n' Crocs, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Glocks n' Crocs

Glocks n' Crocs

Aug 22, 2013
    Kentucky
    After saving for quite some time I have purchased a new Glock 30 in .45 ACP (3rd Gen)! This is my first Glock and I love it. Fit and finish are excellent as well as balance. The only problem I've got is the 10th round is HELLACIOUSLY DIFFICULT TO PUT IN THE MAG, even putting the fully loaded mag in the Glock requires a shove. Currently I'm leaving the magazine loaded to stretch the spring out some. After replacing all the old oil and grease with what I prefer, shes smooth as silk :cool:. The only personalization that I plan on doing is a stainless steel guide rod spring and possibly Truglo sights.

Since this is my first Glock, anything I should know?

2. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    The tenth round difficulty is understandable. Maybe if you left the mag loaded with ten for a few months it will help.

3. Smooth_squeeze

Smooth_squeeze

Jan 17, 2012
    Get an Uplula loader and you should be able to get that 10th round in.

After a while you probably won't need it any more.

4. Glocks n' Crocs

Glocks n' Crocs

Aug 22, 2013
    Kentucky
    My Glock came with a magazine loader. Its definitely necessary.

5. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    Congrats on the new G30. I think you'll be very pleased with the performance and versatility of that pistol.

There is a bunch of information about the G30, including more info about G30 mag prep and maintenance, at the link in my signature line below. Skim through it and I believe you'll find something useful.

6. multo17

multo17

Sep 10, 2009
    RGV, TEXAS
    Congrats on your new G30! This is my first ever glock & my favorite! It's a great, sweet, smooth shooting pistol, not "snappy", more like a push!:cool: The 10th rd is hard to load so I just load 9rds, problems solved for me!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  7. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats on the G30.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  8. Glocks n' Crocs

Glocks n' Crocs

Aug 22, 2013
    Kentucky
    Thank you! People like you who take the time to actually compile useful data are few and far between. :cheers:

9. Wish I had a G30. Bet that is a cool gun.

10. Bigpoppie50

Bigpoppie50

Oct 2, 2010
    I purchased my Gen3 G30 back in June and customized it with the following (1) Chrome extended Slide Release (2) Extended Chrome Slide Lock Lever (3) Barrel professionally Polished (4) Slide Cover plate with G30 engraved and (5) Grip Plug and Pearce Grip Mag Extension It is my Summertime EDC weapon and a very sweet shooter.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  11. They are junk compared to the UpLULA mag loader. They're worth twice the $25-30. they cost. Go to You Tube and see them in action. They really do work that good!