close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Finally got blood with the SOCOM

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by eforney, Jul 3, 2010.

1. eforney

eforney

Dec 22, 2008
    Oh
    Got my first pig with the 458 SOCOM. She was about 70 yards and took 300 grains between the eyes DRT. Now to get back out and get one with the 686.

2. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

Oct 16, 2007
    Wow, living on the edge? Good thing you didn't miss the brain and knock off half it's face and have it running around like that.

3. eforney

eforney

Dec 22, 2008
    Oh
    Yeah I waited for it to turn broadside and it never did. It had it's head down so it entered through the top and exited the base of the neck.

4. Or it didn't happen.

5. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

Feb 1, 2006
    S.A. TEXAS
    Yeah, it didn't happen.................................................:tongueout::tongueout:

6. eforney

eforney

Dec 22, 2008
    Oh
    I should have know this was coming. These are the only ones I took. I'll update when my buddy sends the ones he took. Here is the one I got on the run at 40 yards with the 686 ,and our rifles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Nice revolver, what did you use as far as ammo? My 1st hog I ever taken was also with a revolver 357mag 686 at 20yards broadside with corbon penetrators.

I've since then up grade to 10mm and then went 45colt.

8. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

Oct 16, 2007
    Did you have any hog left to eat? :tongueout:

9. eforney

eforney

Dec 22, 2008
    Oh
    Thanks. It was actually 38 spcl hp. I let my buddy carry the G20 that was loaded with the 200 gr double tap hard casts. I'm more confident with the 686.