Finally got a Glock!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by soonerhart, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Well, I have been a member here for a few weeks now, trying to learn as much as I can about Glocks and which one would be right for me. I decided on a Gen 4 Glock 19 after renting one at the shooting range.

Now came the problem of finding one, I searched lots of gunstores in the DFW area with none to be found, so I checked all the internet websites but was not having much luck there either until I found one at Gunbroker.com.

I went to the range with 200 rounds of Federal Champion from Walmart along with 100 rounds of Winchester, both are the 115 grain bullets. What a difference between the two, the Winchester seemed a lot stronger than the Federal, louder and more kick. I didn’t think I would be able to tell the difference but it was very noticeable.

I love the way the Glock fits my hand and it shoots very good. I am not the best shot in the world but not too bad either. I was wearing distant vision glasses while shooting and this made it easy to see the target but made the sights on the gun blurry and hard to focus on. Does anyone else have this problem?

I hit a couple of center shots but 90% of the misses were left of target. Could that just be me possibly flinching or maybe bad aim with the glasses issue, or even the sights might need adjusted?

The forums here are awesome with lots good input!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

3. :welcome: and congrats

4. Hi!! The coolest part about practicing your aim, is it's fun =P

5. Welcome to GT!!

6. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Welcome and yes the forums here are awesome

:50cal:

7. I used to wear bifocals . That worked pretty good for me, but apparently you don't need the close vision part. Maybe try a pair of whart I'm using now - progressive lenses. They give me a good sight picture and a good target picture. Other than that, the sight picture is a lot more important than the target picture, unless the far sight image is doubled or something that prevents you from aiming at the center.
    As far as your shots being off to the left, try pulling or pushing the trigger with a different part of your finger. I bought a glock 19 myself just last month after not shooting for around 15 years and my shooting was abysmal until I spent a good amount of time at home dry firing while watching the sights and finding a grip/strength/finger position combo that let me release the trigger without the sights moving that I could tell.

8. SGT278ACR

SGT278ACR Retired Veteran

Welcome & congrats on the new Glock! :wavey:

9. Welcome and congrats

10. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!

11. Thanks Jerry, I noticed that my trigger finger is touching the trigger close to the first joint of my finger. I am just guessing that the pad of the finger should be on the trigger. I will try the dry firing technigue you mentioned and see if that helps.

I do have some progessive lense glasses, if I remember then I will take them to the range next time.