close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Finally finished the build

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by KK40384, Feb 26, 2013.

1. smanocchio

smanocchio

Aug 25, 2010
    Interesting. Glad Im not doing anything wrong. My upper is a BCM complete, I cut the delta ring and then installed the rail. I wonder if something is out of whack or the rail is out of spec? I suppose I'll leave it as long as the irons zero ok, I don't plan on putting any optics on the actual rail.

Thanks for responding and I hope you enjoy your rifle!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. Interesting. My Daniel Defense Lite/RISII QUAD rails line up perfectly with the upper receiver :whistling:

Jokes aside. I really like those Troy tubes. Thinking about getting one soon.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013

3. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC

Did you use the provided Troy barrel nut or the stock barrel nut?

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Pretty sure the newer ones don't come with a barrel nut, as they are designed to use a stock barrel nut. Your rail is the first generation version, which did require a proprietary barrel nut.

5. smanocchio

smanocchio

Aug 25, 2010
    I used the stock barrel nut. The new alpha rails don't come with or require a proprietary barrel nut to my knowledge.

6. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC

Didn't realize the newer ones don't use a proprietary barrel nut. The OP stated that he was having trouble as well, and bought a troy barrel nut and everything worked out fine. Might want to call up Troy and see if that could be the problem

7. KK40384

KK40384

Jun 19, 2009
    Michigan
    No need to call Troy. I had used a sub par del-ton barrel nut and it deformed when torqued properly. Well the splines at least so the rail didn't line up right. When I purchased the new nut Troy just happened to have one in stock.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. rv4driver

rv4driver

May 8, 2010
    Ft. Collins, Co.
    Nice build! I might have to get a Troy for my next one.
    Love that FDE!
    [​IMG]