close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Finally finished after 3 years

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by custom2, Jun 4, 2011.

1. custom2

custom2

Jun 5, 2009
    new hampshire
    I finally finished up the loose ends on my Kimber rebuild that I have been chipping away at for the last 3 years.

Fit the barrel, sights, experimented with roll mark removal and stripped the black oxide off the slide and covered it in matte black Gunkote. They should change the name of it to "less glossy" Gunkote because it sure does have some shine to it. I think I'm going to refinish it again but use Cerakote this time. The build sheet is mostly Ed Brown parts with a few 10-8 Preformance items thrown it there too.

Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
  3. Nicely done.

Two tones look good when the colors are right-side up!

4. wrx04

wrx04

Sep 25, 2008
    MI
  5. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
  6. Sarge43

Sarge43

Aug 22, 2010
    Kansas
    That looks very nice! You did some great work there. I really like the clean look of the slide without the rollmarks!
    Sarge

7. custom2

custom2

Jun 5, 2009
    new hampshire
    Thanks everyone. Looking at it makes me want to do more. I want to checker the front strap and serrate the rear of the slide. I'm going to call it done though.

Next step is to build one for myself from a frame kit.

8. Texas Bulldog

Texas Bulldog

Oct 28, 2009
    Has a Glow to it.... looks very high end.

Congrats!

9. Gdirty5

Gdirty5

Apr 9, 2008
    Louisiana
    Maybe try the "tactical flat black" duracoat, thats what I used on a few of my blued guns, and the finish was very matte, looked like the finish on my ar15 barrels. I was very happy with the results, doesnt wear easy, no rust issues etc...

10. custom2

custom2

Jun 5, 2009
    new hampshire
    No, I should have gone with my gut and just Cerakoted it to begin with. I'm happy with it but I think I should have sprayed Cerakote. I just didn't want to buy the spray gun and a couple extra water separators for the compressor.

Thanks again for the encouraging words everyone.

11. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    Looks great, I'm thinking of maybe going with a gold bead front sight on the Baer when the time comes.

12. custom2

custom2

Jun 5, 2009
    new hampshire
    Do it. My sight is brass and it is really easy to pick up with the u notch. I think I'm done with 3 dot night sights for good.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011