close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Finally a Harley that's not an embarrassment

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by NMGlocker, Jan 23, 2006.

1. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

Jun 29, 2001
    New Mexico
    Finally a Harley thats not a total embarrassment.
    Now if they's just put a motor from this century into it, it'd be worth letting a friend buy.
    Wanna bet a Buell will be the first bike to get lapped at the Daytona 200?
    http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Jan/060123n.htm
    [​IMG]

2. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

Jul 4, 1999
    West Texas
    How would the VRod motor do in the Buell?

3. Markcuda

Markcuda A gun a month

Another punk thread;Q
    I would like to meet you some day:cool:

4. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Oct 3, 2000
    McGaheysville, VA
    Looks like a toy until you start looking closely. A full-tilt *****in' front brake setup to be sure....

5. OJ

OJ Deceased Millennium Member

You could disguise it.;)

[​IMG][/IMG]

;z ;z ;z

6. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

Jun 29, 2001
    New Mexico
    What would you do if you met me Mark?
    Seriously.
    Would you try and kick my ass Mark?
    Are you a tough guy Mark?
    ;Q

7. Markcuda

Markcuda A gun a month

No, no, no, no, you got me all wrong sir, I would buy you dinner if we ever had the good fortune to meet;)

8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    The V-Rod motor won't be available on a Buell. Eric Buell himself had said this. The motor is too heavy and too big to fit into the bike's frame. He wants his bikes to be light and nimble, of which they are light and very nimble in slow, tight corners. Mr. Buell harbors no illusions that his bikes are the equal of Japan's or Italy's finests. Yes, his factory does churn out race bikes like the ones shown above, but at the same time he doesn't expect them to keep up with the other bikes either.

Rider's capability aside, as of current, nothing can touch the capability Japanese liter bikes. Period. The only one that would come close is the MV Agusta F4 1000. Maybe if Ducati were to ever release the Desmosedici for street ride or Aprilia finishes working on their V-4, then we'll see some competitions, but as of yet, nothing is going to be as fast as the big bore rice burners.

9. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

Jun 29, 2001
    New Mexico
    The Buell with it's 1339cc motor is racing in the AMA FX class, against inline 4 600cc machines, inline triple 675cc, and twin cylinder Duc 749cc's.

10. Actually it's a Buell, not a Harley.

Buell is a subsidiary of Harley, but is it's own seperate brand. Just thought I'd mention it.

By the way, where do I go to get some leather grip tassles for that thing? I gotta have the black leather if I'm going to hang with the Harley crowd. ;)

Oh yeah, my closet. I got enough Harley crap to outfit a store. Maybe I'll have to buy a Geezerglide just so I can wear it again? Nah, garage sale is faster.

Take care and ride safe.

11. August

August

Feb 13, 2000
    Golly, I think if that bike was painted that pukie, yukie, green color that they paint those yamasukiha bikes that karate you it would be cool. Those led tail lights and green paint would make it really a wonderful ride for motorcyles. Then some punk biker twerps could ride around on it doing wheelies and stopies and they would get all the chicks. What is that barf green paint called? Split pea diaper doodie??

Thanks for not embarassing the fraternity of motorcyclists by painting the world this barf green ninja poop color. I'm not embarassed anymore. Thanks.

12. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    But they do paint their bikes in translucent neon colors.;f Witness the CityX.

Also when I was at the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show, while waiting to test ride the Buells, the video was showing stunters using the XB12 and XB9 showing their skilz. Never say never.;a

Anyway, 150-HP on a low 400-lbs V-twin bike is pretty competitive. That's about how much a street certified Ducati 999R puts out. The street certified Aprilia RSVR Mille puts out 140-hp.

13. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    +1

There is some European street stunter that is actually sponsored by Buell, as in he gets free bikes from them to do all the "wheelies and stoppies and get all the chicks".

;)

Actually i can see a Buell being a good street stuniting bike. Tons of torque, a low center of gravity, and definately enough brakes (look at the size of those radial or whatever they are called brakes ;P ).

I somewhat like Buells, but would never own one. Not worth the cash IMO.

BTW I do liek the NR750-like gas tank. ;)

14. Romulas

Romulas

May 26, 2005
    Colorado
    buell?!

ewwwwww! no! bad rider! buell=crap.

15. mmsig229

mmsig229

Jan 26, 2003
    Ohio
    That's truly a fugly "MC." If I want to go slow and stop slow, I'll take my FXST. If I want to go fast and stop fast, I'll take my 929RR. I never could understand bikes trying to be something they're not.

16. BushyAR15

BushyAR15

Jun 18, 2005
    I'd like to ride it. Eric Buell was a big fan of the TZ250 and even raced it. He based the geometry of the Buell XB on the TZ.

If some of you "haters" spent some time reading the Motorcycle Racing Mags like Road Racing World, you'd know that a season or two ago, There was a Buell XB that was cleaning clocks in its class. It was beating Ducatis and most of the other V-twin type bikes in its class. A very good motorcycle. These guys that raced that Buell weren't out to win a Championship, but they did it. They were fairly surprised....

The thing about that Buell FX is the price tag, 30k, quite expensive IMO. But I don't think they are targeting the avg. club racer with that bike.

What I'd really like to see is HD bring back a VR1000 with the VROD engine...

17. Markcuda

Markcuda A gun a month

Bushy, we got alot of "Ricky Racers" on this forum;f ;f