close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

File Explorer for XP....Which One to Get??

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Nalapombu, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Nalapombu

Nalapombu Millennium Member

Oct 21, 1999
    Spring, TEXAS....USA
    Hey all,

I just started using XP a couple of days ago. Already I miss Windows Explorer that was in 95 and 98. Apparently XP decided to drop it. If XP has one I sure haven't been able to find it.
    Anyway, I went to a couple of the shareware sites and nosed around for a bit and there are lots of programs that enable file browsing, searching, moving, copying, deleting and many more things that even Win Explorer did't do. These look like what I need.
    So, does anyone use one of these file programs in XP or in 98? If you have any suggestions for a program like this let me know so I can get it. I also prefer Shareware or better yet, Freeware.
    Thanks for the help.

Nala

2. bobby_w

bobby_w Alienigena Platinum Member

Nov 10, 2001
    South of Houston
    Total Commander works for me...$25 USD

It's been around for awhile. Bullet proof.

[​IMG]

3. bobby_w

bobby_w Alienigena Platinum Member

Nov 10, 2001
    South of Houston
  4. Nalapombu

Nalapombu Millennium Member

Oct 21, 1999
    Spring, TEXAS....USA
    I was able to finally find Windows Explorer. I tghought it was strange that XP didn't have one. I guess I haven't been paying attention lately.
    Those programs do look good, I am going to have to give something a try. I love having control over my files right at my fingertips...
    Thanks for the help and advice.

Nala

5. MB-G26

MB-G26 Bk2MiscResource Lifetime Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Missing Sharon
    freeware, spyware-free double-pane file 'explorer' - very hand. Since it's an exe file, I renamed and changed the extension to .txt. Try downloading the attachment and REnaming to the correct form: tx.exe
    If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll email it to you. It's very small, 541kb.
    m