Glock Talk banner

Fifty miles and holy cow!

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  series1811 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hmm... that article only has like half a story:

Guy stole vehicle after crashing his after being released from jail.

Guy leads officers in a pursuit after they spot said stolen vehicle.

??????

3 officers on leave after shooting guy who stole vehicle?

Not the best reporting I've read.

#4 ·
Fifty miles and I'd be through most of my county . . .

That being said, more and more of these stories on-line are so poorly written that it pains me to read.

#5 ·
"Pull over, or I'll shoot" heard over the loud speaker. Blam Blam Blam.
I was shot at by tribal police for a traffic violation many, many years ago. They missed that time. 3 shots from a .38 Special revolver. Nobody got in trouble either. At least not that I knew of.

#6 ·
Great story from a retired deputy: He worked in our county from '55 to '57, and then lateralled to a bordering county, retired in the early 80s. He said that in 1956, he got in a pursuit over a mountain highway in our county. His partner in the right seat fired a couple shots with his revolver out the window. One round hit a tire on the suspect's car and ended the pursuit.

A different deputy tried the same thing in the 70s. He was solo, and only succeeded in putting a hole through his own hood and the radiator.

#9 ·
Great story from a retired deputy: He worked in our county from '55 to '57, and then lateralled to a bordering county, retired in the early 80s. He said that in 1956, he got in a pursuit over a mountain highway in our county. His partner in the right seat fired a couple shots with his revolver out the window. One round hit a tire on the suspect's car and ended the pursuit.

A different deputy tried the same thing in the 70s. He was solo, and only succeeded in putting a hole through his own hood and the radiator.
A buddy of mine met a cop from South Africa that said that when you're in a pursuit, the best place to be is in the passenger seat...because then you get to use the machine gun...

#10 ·

One of our agents was riding with a local Sheriff and they got in a pursuit. The Sheriff kept yelling at the agent to shoot the tires out and he wouldn't. When they finally got the subject stopped, the Sheriff looked at the agent and said, "I told you to shoot the tires out. If you worked for me, I'd fire you." The agent replied, "If I worked for you, I would have shot the tires out." :supergrin:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.