close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Field stripping a browning buck mark?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by mikecurnow, May 15, 2010.

1. mikecurnow

mikecurnow

Apr 16, 2010
    in the manual that came with my buck mark it says to remove the rear site base screw. easy enough, and it takes the allen key that came with the manual.
    Next it says loosen the barrel mounting screw. Anyone know what I use to loosen it? it's not the allen key and i can't see in to tell what it is, and i don't want to start trying different things and mess up the head of whatever it is.

Thanks
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. mikecurnow

mikecurnow

Apr 16, 2010
    got it, 7/64 hex
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    All the trouble I've had with my Ruger, I almost wish I would have went with the Browning.
    Glad you got it figured out.

4. Titurel

Titurel Brick Eater

Feb 12, 2006
    Germany
    Nah, the MK's can be a pain to strip at first but in that regard they are still way ahead of the Buckmark which is held together by some tiny screws and star washers. The holes and screws have to be thoroughly cleaned, degreased and loctited every time you reassemble the gun. It is not nearly as rugged as the Ruger.

5. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    NV
    No they don't. I've never done that and I've put 25k rounds thru mine in 10+ years.

6. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    Stripping them is easy.
    It's getting my MKIII to shoot with out stove piping that has been a pain in the ass. I think I have the probably solved now.

7. Titurel

Titurel Brick Eater

Feb 12, 2006
    Germany
    Mine does. I take it apart pretty often, between 500 and 1k rounds. I have tried replacing the screws and star washers but they still do not hold tight without using Loctite. Using screws and lock washers to hold together a gun is not a great design. If it were not for this issue, I would prefer the Buckmark over the Ruger.