close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

FGR Frame

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by g19luvr, Jan 17, 2009.

1. g19luvr

g19luvr

Nov 5, 2008
    Pennsyltuky
    Question: Can I buy an FGR Frame for my second gen G19. I would really like a rail that would fit in standard holsters???

Thanks for the help!

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    Yes you can, but it's rather expensive in the long run.....better that you buy a new Glock with the current frame and sell the 2nd gen gun....someone out there DOES prefer the second gen frame over the 3rd.

Last I heard, Glock gets about $150 to do the switch, AND you don't get to keep your old frame, plus, the new frame will have a different serial number on it.

Used gun value.....$400 (+/-)
    Cost of new frame $150
    Value of old frame $150
    Shipping cost $ 50
    Value of gun with new frame and mismatched serial numbers.....maybe $400

So, if you add the cost for the new frame plus the $150 you don't get by selling the old frame, plus the shipping, you're putting about $350 into a gun that will still be worth about $400, and since you already paid $400+ for the gun, you now have about $750 or $800 into a gun that will still be worth $400...or less. Better to buy a new gun and sell the old one, and you aren't ruining a good 2nd gen gun that someone else will want.

:patriot: