close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

FFL dealers that dont transfer???

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by USMCGLOCKER, Feb 5, 2007.

1. USMCGLOCKER

USMCGLOCKER

Dec 28, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    I live in Indiana, a very gun friendly state, but i cannot find a dealer that will accept a transfer of a weapon from a firearm company (not an individual) for me! Is this a common thing? I mean, they have a bunch of weapons transfered to them already... so what gives???? This is totally lame if you ask me. Any thoughts on the situation?

2. Since they are businesses they probably want to make money selling the gun to you instead of a few bucks transferring it to you.

3. kimberguy2004

kimberguy2004

Jan 14, 2007
    Austin, Tx
    Try a gunsmith. They can accept transfers. Alan here at Sprinco accepted one for me and did the transfer for $15.
    There are a few dealers here that aren't interested in doing it and they make it known by charging $40-50 to do one.

4. SIOP

SIOP

Dec 27, 2004
    Ohio
  5. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

Apr 16, 2001
    North Texas
  6. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Feb 2, 2007
    Gun Tot'n in Quohog
    That's rare. My FFL dealer got me my G35, straight from Glock (via GSSF).

7. USMCGLOCKER

USMCGLOCKER

Dec 28, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Um, i tried The Archer Shop in Bloomfield, IN... I tried Cosner's Guns in Bedford... A couple more i can't remember. It just seems kinda lame for them not to do it. I understand the business angle, but they need to understand that by not doing the transfer for me they are losing out on virtually FREE money! They make a little instead of a lot, and for negligible amounts of effort.

I did find a dealer. In Seymour, IN. ACME Sports. 25 bones.

8. USMCGLOCKER

USMCGLOCKER

Dec 28, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Does anyone know of a GOOD class III dealer in the Bloomington, or close to it, area? I'd like not to drive an hour for a decent gun store.

9. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    I went through the same thing. Finally decided to go through the paperwork and become an FFL. I've only sold a few guns, but have transferred a bunch for guys.

Besides earning beer money, I've met a bunch of great gun owners, and been able to handle a lot of neat weapons in the process.

10. dblagent

dblagent

Jan 10, 2006
    Oregon
    Well, you found the same class III dealer I used and I would recommend him to anyone. Joe is a great person to deal with. There is one in Martinsville but it's out there and just as far as Seymour by the time you get there.

As far a FFL transfers I have only found Chuck's Gun Repair in Bloomington, I have not used him yet but I'm getting ready too. I have stopped by and talked to him, seemed great to me. I'll know for sure soon. Transfers are $20 for a handgun if I remember correctly. I have his number somewhere if you cannot find it let me know.

I'm in Bloomington myself.

11. Gump

Gump

Jun 5, 2004
    Southern Indiana
    Gene Arnold owner at Spencer B&T (right across the road from McCormicks Creek State Park) does it for $20. I've not used him but he is a good man.
    Gump

12. Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Jan 11, 2005
    NW Indiana
    Here is my local dealer... Guess he will not be handling any transfers for me!!! What a load of crap!

Kyle R. Blythe
    Blythe's Sport Shop, Inc.
    2810 N. Calumet Ave
    Valparaiso, IN 46383
    email: Click here to email me
    phone: 219-476-0026
    fax: 219-464-7342

Hours: 9:00am-8:00pm Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:30pm Sat
    Transfer fee: $50.00

as per http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

13. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There's a gun store right outside McCormick's Creek!!! I was there for a family vacation last August--ARRRRRGGGH!:sad:

14. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

May 27, 2001
    You have been to Kempfs in Michigan City...$20.00 for the first GSSF pistol I won .....???? Actually Sue (Sassy Sue) took the 27 as a trade on a single action I wanted.:supergrin: