Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FFL business owners, quick question:

Discussion in 'Business Forum' started by Percival, Aug 15, 2008.

  1. Percival

    Percival Professional?

    Dear FFL holders... If a firearm in a dealer to dealer transfer is lost, or not sent within a reasonable amount of time(3 weeks) without the 4473 being filled out, is there legal action that can be taken if the dealer is uncooperative in rectifying the matter? All attempts to contact the selling parties to get information, such as tracking number, have been fruitless. Out of state transaction, I have a reciept.

    Looking for answers or a solution.

    Thanks for any help,
  2. Was it insured with the carrier it was shipped with?

  3. Percival

    Percival Professional?

    I did not do the shipping, I left it up to the store I bought it from. It's been a month from purchase date, and my FFL still hasn't received it. I contacted the local PD and they said there's nothing they can do criminally. I faxed them a copy of the receipt and a description of the transaction, along with the contact info for my FFL. The investigator said I should wait a while longer...But it's been a month. Really beginning to worry.
  4. Glock_Holiday

    Glock_Holiday Tempermental

    Oct 12, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ
    You purchased an item and it was never received. Did you pay with a credit card? If so that is an easy charge back. Call your credit card company. If you paid by check or money order and mailed it to them. Contact the postmaster for your area. Receiving money via the mail and not delivering product is "sometimes" mail fraud.
    I really hate it when dealers have the "once the post office has it it's not my problem anymore" attitude. I am a dealer and my responsibility to my customer does not end until they have their product and are happy.

    Good luck.

  5. jeremy54b

    jeremy54b Merely Here...

    May 17, 2002
    Eastern WA

    I agree w/ the statement above that "customer service is door to door for the customer", but I think your best remedy is going to be to either approach your credit card company for a charge dispute and chargeback, or to go through channels with the shipping carrier. (I work for an FFL, and thankfully, we've never had this happen).
  6. Percival

    Percival Professional?

    Just got a call from the BATFE at lunch time today. Said to expect a phone call about a pending refund before Monday. I'm to call back if I don't receive said call. Should at least be getting my money back -_-...
  7. true believer

    true believer Moderator

    Apr 17, 2000
    drexel hill pa
    how did you make out??
  8. HotGlock


    Dec 22, 2005
    call your credit card company and go through thier charge dispute process. they should be able to give you your money back once they do thier investigation.