FF rails don't line up with upper receiver

Discussion in 'GATE AR-15 Forum' started by rock_jock, Sep 21, 2011.

1. I installed a UTG FF and after tightening down the nut, the rails are now very slightly misaligned with the upper receiver rails. I mean very slightly, only about 2 degrees (estimate). I am usually a real stickler for details like this, but the only solution I can think of is to buy a dedicated tool that lines these up and it is not worth the time or expense if this is nothing more than an aesthetic issue that can't be noticed unless you view the rifle from the buttstock or barrel end and look for it. Any potential problems that I am missing here?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Not chemtrails but close The Okie Corral Jun 2, 2015
    G42 and G43 slide rails the same dimensions (for sight pusher purposes)? General Glocking May 14, 2015
    WTS - Magpul MOE Rifle Length handguard + 2 rails Gun Parts & Accessories Mar 24, 2015
    Another train carrying crude oil derails The Okie Corral Mar 5, 2015
    Installing chair rails The Okie Corral Mar 4, 2015

3. I'm not hugely familiar with UTG rails. In most cases, you will have to align the barrel nut. Once that barrel nut is torqued in place, then the outer ring can be tightened with lock-tite or similar, and it should be perfectly aligned. If you over tighten the outer ring, you can loosen the barrel nut causing it to come off center.