close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Few Pit Related Questions

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by Korey5640, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Korey5640

Korey5640
    Expand Collapse
    The Cheesiest!

I want to head up to the pit this weekend with my G22 if work allows it and I had a few quick questions first. I have only ever shot at a PD indoor range, a local indoor range, and Bald Mt. outdoor range. I was mostly curious about what the set up is like.

Is it just dirt mounds and you bring whatever the heck you feel like shooting at today? Or is it more "formal" where there are stands set up at 25 yards and a "formal" firing line?

Thanks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. COBRA90GT

COBRA90GT
    Expand Collapse

It's pretty much dirt - informal. :supergrin:

3. Landor

Landor
    Expand Collapse

Well it looks like a dump. Really, it does. There is junk everywhere and everything is a target. From about 5 yards in from of you to the end of the range which is about 70 - 100 yards. I have never measured it so that is a guess. It is flat and a big hill at the end to catch the bullets. I have been there and had the whole range to myself and I have been there while it was packed. I have never had a problem there and you see a lot of cool guns. It is sad that it is so messy.

Hope this helps

P.S. I believe their are some pictures on this site or on AR15.com of people at the pit.

4. brucek

brucek
    Expand Collapse

After spending the better part of last Friday at Island Lake, my son and I are ready for something a little less formal - where is "The Pit". I'd love to show him what a .308 will do to a milk jug full of water! :)

Thanks!
    --

BruceK

5. brucek

brucek
    Expand Collapse

Whoops! Never mind, found the location in another thread. Hope to see some of you out there one weekend soon!
    --

BruceK

6. Turtle13

Turtle13
    Expand Collapse
    Ni!

I always say its like a bowl cut in half. And it really does look like a dump until you realize theres casings laying everywhere and everything has millions of holes in it. It's got charm though.

Depending on if I have to work or not this saturday I may be out there. I'd be the guy with long black hair and a pierced lip. I just got my G23 today and I'm real itchy to shoot it.

7. Korey5640

Korey5640
    Expand Collapse
    The Cheesiest!

Yeah, turns out I get to work this Saturday 1-9:30pm...no shooting for me. I may come out Sunday if work allows, or whenever I get my next day off(maybe even during the week since I would think it would be slower then). I have a few old computers to get rid of if anyone wants to take some shots at them. Also, I am sure that I could find some other fun stuff to take shots at.

If you ever see fat white guy with a pretty-much shaved head driving an old, POS, beat up '91 Ford Ranger(silver in color, though rust is now another primary color :animlol: ). All while firing off a G22...odds are, its me. :thumbsup:

8. 10 Ring Tao

10 Ring Tao
    Expand Collapse
    Red White Blue

9. Turtle13

Turtle13
    Expand Collapse
    Ni!

I'm in the same boat. Mandatory overtime was posted for saturday. I could go out in the morning but I don't want to...going to work spoils the whole day for me. I may come out sunday but I'm not sure. This overtime crap has got to stop. My kids will be back in school before I even get a decent amount of time with them.

10. brucek

brucek
    Expand Collapse

11. brucek

brucek
    Expand Collapse

This weekend is out for me as I have a road job. Returning home Friday night, do my laundry, Honeydoos on Saturday. Poker Saturday night then off to NYC on Sunday for a week then 3 weeks off. Look for me one Saturday or Sunday late July with a long haired blonde teenager in tow. Dark Red F150 Super Crew.
    --

BruceK

12. Turtle13

Turtle13
    Expand Collapse
    Ni!

I'll just yell your glocktalk screen names and see if anyones there LOL.

13. 10 Ring Tao

10 Ring Tao
    Expand Collapse
    Red White Blue

AUG?

(and thats a hot brass burn that wished it were a hickey)

If I'm expecting someone to be there that day, I'll just walk up and down the line saying hi to people, asking about their toys, and asking if they're from glocktalk/arfcom/online.

14. brucek

brucek
    Expand Collapse

Whoops....my bad. I meant the P90. It is a P90 isn't it? :thumbsup:
    --

BruceK

15. Korey5640

Korey5640
    Expand Collapse
    The Cheesiest!

My name is my screen name(except the 5640 part) :laughabove:

Really though, shouldn't be TOO hard to find me. The truck is clear to see, and I am not to hard to spot myself, I'll be this guy: :dancing:....except not so yellow.

16. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99
    Expand Collapse
    Got SIG?

I'll be at the pit tomorrow, probably late morning, I'm in MI for a few days. I always wear a camo Koontz-Wagner Electric hat, stop by and say hi if you see me.

17. USP45T

USP45T
    Expand Collapse

Was there today from 10-2. Saw a P90 and a grease gun. Didn't notice a P99 but it was busy out there. Probably my once a year trip. 71 miles away for me nowadays. I had the .22 dueling tree going and shot a little hand trap. 1st time noticing the DNR shoot safely sign but I hadn't been there since last August.

18. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99
    Expand Collapse
    Got SIG?

Didn't get out there until later (6PM), but it sure was busy this evening. I believe the sign went up after the media "coverage."

19. Korey5640

Korey5640
    Expand Collapse
    The Cheesiest!

Just checked my schedule and I am off this upcoming Saturday(First one off for a long time). Therefore, I may be heading up that way this Saturday with my G22 and some weird things to shoot at. Hopefully I can find enough Blazer Brass in the area Walmarts to make the trip worth it for me. :thumbsup:

20. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99
    Expand Collapse
    Got SIG?

One word: Reload.