close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Felt recoil gen 3 vs gen 4 G22?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MtBaldy, Oct 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Jul 21, 2005
    At the beach
    Anyone have both and want to comment? I recently decided to give my gen 3 G22 to my daughter. She's been keeping it next to her bed the last couple of years anyway. I'm going to get another one to replace it. I have big hands and like the idea of the replaceable back strap. On the other hand if I can find a really good deal on a gen 3 G22 I might go for that. Looking around on the Internet some think the new return spring makes a perceptible difference and others don't. So, any GTers here have first hand experience you want to share? If the consensus is the felt recoil difference is real then I will probably limit my search to the best deal I can find on a gen 4 G22. There are a couple of local gunshows coming up in the next few weeks and I will probably start my search at them.

2. txgunguy

txgunguy

Dec 14, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Have a gen 3 22 and a gen 4 35. The 35 recoils less than gen 3 35 so I imagine the 22 would be the same.

3. I have noticed a great felt recoil reduction with the Gen4 recoil springs. I could not believe I was shooting JHP defense rounds through my Gen4 G35. it felt like shooting fart load 9mm.

ps: your results may vary depending on stance, grip and overall manliness lol

4. Motor City Glocker

Motor City Glocker Gun Addict

Sep 28, 2011
    SE Michigan
    I have a Gen 4 and have fired my friend's Gen 3. The felt recoil in the Gen 4 is somewhat less, probably due to the double recoil spring. You won't regret picking one up.:thumbsup:

5. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Nov 22, 2010
    BMT, TX
    Yes, the dual recoil spring makes a very perceptible difference in the gen4's.

6. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Jul 21, 2005
    At the beach
    Cool. Looks like I will be considering gen 4s only. Thanks for the replies.

7. being added to the signature for posterity
    :rofl: