close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fellowship Meals

Discussion in 'Freemason's Lodge' started by 25074, Apr 27, 2007.

1. 25074

25074 "Traveling man"

Jun 29, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    I don't donw how other lodges do it in other states or areas, but at our lodge we have a fellowship meal before the meeting.

I am Junior Warden of my lodge and I am in charge of making sure that there is a meal provided.

I was just wondering what sort of meals do you have at your meetings.

Here is the actual menu for the May Stated Meeting.

Sicilian Orzo Salad and Assorted Rolls
    Braised Beef Short Ribs in Au Jus
    Swiss Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms
    Asparagus and Bay Scallops in a Creamy Onion Sauce
    Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Parmagiano Reggiano
    Caramel Apple Cheesecake

My brother just started a catering business and is helping me out.

What do you think.

We charge $12 a head

2. JayPap

JayPap NRA Life Member Millennium Member

Dec 31, 1998
    The Fox Hole
    Sounds like I need to visit PA it sounds delicious.

Our dinners are $8.00 typical meal Salad, roast beef, potato, vegetable, desert. All you can eat on the beef and we still make money.

It can be tough but I mix things up with chili in the winter and kielbasa and beans, I try to keep them guessing.

I won't miss being responsible to keep hungry men happy.

3. jrr6602

jrr6602

Dec 27, 2006
    Grand Prairie, Tx
    Belong to 3 Blue Lodges, but my schedule only permits me to attend one. The one that I attend is a Daylight Lodge that meets on Saturday morning. Our Stewards are paid for their food expenses by the Lodge. Members are not charged for their meals. Wives are welcome to have breakfast with us.

4. G23Adam

G23Adam .- -.. .- --

Oct 1, 2003
    SC
    We have simple things usually, whatever can be cooked quickly. It tends to be breakfast a good bit...

After lodge, we pass a hat about...

5. Chuck66

Chuck66 Traveling Man

Mar 10, 2004
    East TN
    We usually do a pot-luck. No one knows what's on the menu till it arrives. Someone will always do a pot of spaghetti or a lasagna or soup or some other such thing that's relatively cheap and easy to fix for a large group. Stewards do the prep and clean-up and accept help from other more able bodied members when the dishes need doing, etc.

6. 21 shooter

21 shooter

Aug 22, 2001
    NC
    We have hot dogs, hamburgers, covered dish in warm weather. When it gets cooler we have chicken stew, vegetable soup, and sometimes a fish fry. We are just a small country lodge. Oh, and we have a box for "donations" to cover expenses.