close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Feinstein Gun Ban: list of weapons

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Gaston Glock, Jan 24, 2013.

1. The Fed

The Fed

Dec 23, 2012
    Central Florida
    Don't forget magazines with a capacity of 10 cartridges.

2. Glk4Evrnevr

Glk4Evrnevr

Jan 13, 2007
    These manufacturers should rename their products - that would show 'em! :whistling: Call their products 'Bunny Rabbits' and call magazines and accessories 'Pretty Flower Petals' and 'Rainbows'. And they can certainly think of a new name for 'the shoulder thing that goes up' in case that gets banned too. The manufacturers could even put a disclaimer on their product packaging and website declaring that they do not sell AR-Type anything anymore - just 'Bunny Rabbits' :supergrin:

/sarcasm

3. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Crap is not gonna pass. Will not make it thru the House. Maybe after 2014 midterms but not now. Gonna keep driving the gouging and madness though.

But I find it interesting the way they name specific firearms. If the S&W M&P15 is banned can S&W change a small feature (say change the safety selector switch to a different style) rename it the S&W MSR15 and be able to sell it? I mean laws are full of loop holes so can the firearms industry finds ways thru them?

4. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    So gonna get a AR15 Beowulf baby! :supergrin:

5. GunHo198

GunHo198

Oct 7, 2004
    Tampa
    They have the DSA SA58 PKP FAL listed under Pistols. So I'm guessing my Entreprise Arms FNFAL G1 is in the clear. But they don't make a 10 round magazine. Yet..

6. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
  7. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    Wow, 150 weapons for her to shove up her arse.

8. The SKS wasn't on there so I'm good, what about a ruger mini 14 ranch with an ATI stock?
    I like the idea of calling them bunny rabbits, ha, ha.

9. DustyJacket

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
    Read it. There is no such verbage in the bill.

They ban AK-47 and AR looking handguns, and some others, but this is the only other part that applies to handguns:

All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature:
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]All semiautomatic rifles and handguns that have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

10. repooc

repooc Millennium Member

Sep 26, 1999
    The burg

11. jrd22

jrd22

Nov 16, 2012
    NW Washington
    They named all the guns as a distraction. They want the registration which will eventually lead to confiscation. Foot in the door.

12. alba666

alba666 WWJGD

Dec 19, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Yep. Registration, Confiscation, Domination, Extermination.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. FishyOne

FishyOne

Nov 12, 2012
    And it would be suicide for the Dems too. There will not be enough votes for anything buy a token bill to pass. Meaning they might get universal background checks passed along with stronger mental health guideline enforcement.

14. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

Apr 16, 2001
    North Texas
    If I read that correctly, Glock would also be banned under "semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm" (G18 being the automatic firearm)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  15. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    So does that mean the Glock 17 would be banned? Since I bet the anti-gun people would believe it's the semi-auto version of the Glock 18?

16. DustyJacket

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
    If the G17 came first, the the 18 is a full-auto version of a semi. :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  17. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    I have you written your reps. I did and the response from 1 so-called conservative (Chambliss) was pathetic. He expressed that he would review any bill... (i.e., he will make compromises).

Feinstein's bill is not being proposed as the final solution. It's proposed as a starting point in the negotiation. I fully expect something will come out of all this noise that further restricts our rights.

18. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

Apr 16, 2001
    North Texas
    Yeahh...let me ponder over that :dunno::rofl:

19. Annoyinglylongname

Annoyinglylongname

Oct 19, 2012
    Conspicuously absent from said ban list- M14 variants and M1 Carbine variants. Interesting, unless I misread it.
    Of course the big gotcha is the 10 round magazine thing. That's what they really want. If they would compromise to 52 round limit in a magazine, except for drum magazines, which would be exempt, I would be all for it.