Feeding the Malcontent, (State Corrections)

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Hack, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Prisoners have really gotten spoiled over the last 10 years or so. They whine about everything. They act like they got something coming to them. I deal with it all the time. The more they are given, the more they whine. I wish it was like it was in the old days when prisoners knew their place.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Hack

Hack Crazy CO
    Gold Member

Keep wishing brother.:cool: I definitely hear ya.

3. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Forget prisoners. I wish people in general knew their place. People nowadays have really lost that and think everyone has some entitlement or right to whatever they want.

Anyone who works in any large organization can see this in the way people act toward others, including higher ups, which would have been unimaginable back in the day.

4. Yes. Many of the staff in the prison are like this. Alot of whining, bickering, and taddle tailing. Some butt-kissing rats to.

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Insubordination seems to be a way of life for some workers, especially government workers who are unionized, and directives and orders seem to be just suggestions to be followed lackadaisically, whenever they want or not.

6. I saw our medical Sgt. Go toe to toe with the Warden. The warden at the time was a squared away man, with his stuff wired right and tight. The whiney Sgt. Drew the union like a knife and the Warden verbally spanked the Sgt. Butt. It was beautiful to see. The Sgt. Was a pathologically lazy sob, nice guy personally, just lazy as all get out. Unfortunately the warden was only the acting warden and didn't get the job. Don't get me started. :steamed:

7. This is one of the main reasons I went from Custody to Case Management. We still have a little sniffle here and there in Programs, but nothing like what one must deal with as a rank and file CO. As a supervisor, Sergeant and above, you still have to deal with it, from a supervisory/management perspective.

Like most of the inmates, some of our Staff have the same sense of entitlement, and little or no grasp of the concept of following SOP.

I just hope I can hold my nose for another 10 years or so until I retire.

8. Hack

Hack Crazy CO
    Gold Member

Yep. Nov election day in three weeks, minus a couple of days. Then we shall have the aftermath to deal with.