close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Feeding My New Little Friend...

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by ULVER, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ULVER

ULVER Dixie Rebel

Jan 8, 2001
    ATL., GA. USA
    Just picked up one of these:
    http://www.charterfirearms.com/products/Charter_Off_Duty_53811.html

Seriously, it's a sweet little thing. Could have spent a bit more for a Smith or the new Ruger, but I liked the Charter.

I know it's been beat to death, but just was fishing for thoughts, as what load to carry. Been ages since I carried a 2-inch .38 Special.

I'm looking at a box of Remington 158gr. "FBI loads." Still, a lot of new designs out there, that look promising. The "short barrel" Speer Gold Dot comes to mind, as does the Cor Bon DPX.

The Federal Nyclad is back, but I have seen evidence, that it goes 18+ inches, after heavy clothing. It looked great in bare jello, but we know what that's worth. :upeyes:

Just fishing for fun, on the subject. :supergrin:

2. hurley842002

hurley842002

Nov 18, 2009
    Littleton, Co
    I carry the Speer Gold Dot 135gr +P Short Barrel in my S&W 642, they have a bit of recoil to them, but nothing un-manageable. Any of the choices you listed should be good.

3. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    The 135gr Gold Dot is a solid mainstream load. It's easy to find, won't lead up your gun like FBI loads and still throws a decent weight bullet that's close to POA.
    Personally, I don't care for the 110 DPX load, it's too light and doesn't hit near the advertised velocity...and shoots low.

4. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    IMO< non of the "new" light bullet loads hit close to POA/POI. The old 158gr+P LSWCHP still works & usually hits POA. Is cheap & easy to reproduce w/ 158grLSWC. I'm not sure how many +P rounds the CharterArms will be able to handle. BB makes a non+P version that is quite good.

5. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA

Total agreement.:supergrin:

6. ULVER

ULVER Dixie Rebel

Jan 8, 2001
    ATL., GA. USA
    I like BB's products. I lucked into receiving some of their hard-cast wadcutter loads. Wish they had been the 158gr. LHP. The wadcutters hit hard, but after some research I discovered they will give a couple feet of penetration! :shocked:

Wish I could find some shooting results, for the Speer "short barrel" Gold Dot.