close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Feedback on Int.Ord. Polish Sporter

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by captcurly, Sep 21, 2012.

1. captcurly

captcurly

Sep 14, 2008
    Southern Delaware
    I am considering an Inter Ordnance Polish Sporter in 7.62X 39mm. Any pros and cons will be very helpful. Need info on the best mags I can get for an AK. Thanks for any assistance in this matter.

2. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    I highly encourage you to stay far, far away from any IO gun. I've shot 3; all 3 were poorly made. Bad rivets, misaligned receivers/trunnions, canted gas tubes, and poor welds seem to be the norm. The CEO has been claiming lately that he has changed things, he may well have, I just haven't seen any evidence of it yet.

At that price range you'd be much better off getting a CAI WASR. The only issue you really ever see with the WASRs is canted front sight blocks but CAI has a 1 year warranty and they'll fix your sights for free if there's an issue.

3. HWI

HWI

Jun 7, 2012
    Florida
    IO builds/conversions are quite literally the bottom of the barrel.

I agree with plouffe that you would be better served with a WASR.
    Another rifle worth a look is a TGI AMD65, they have original FEG receivers and chf chrome lined barrels.
    Both of these are in the lower price range, but they are built like tanks and function well.

As far as mags go, steel milsurp can't be beat for the price. If you want polymer then stick to Bulgarian Circle 10s.

4. maxxmojo

maxxmojo

Oct 3, 2005
    Utah
    I believe the only Polish part of the IO Polish 7.62x39 rifle are the receiver, front trunnion, and barrel. Everything else is Romanian that they added on.

5. HWI

HWI

Jun 7, 2012
    Florida
    I'd be extremely surprised if it has a Polish barrel. Highly likely it's a crummy U.S. made barrel.

6. twag4

twag4

Feb 28, 2010
    Alabama
    Run very hard from IO Inc. That is all.

7. 1rocket69

1rocket69

Aug 12, 2012
    Blaine, WA

+1 ^^^

IO or IAC, spend a few extra bucks and get a Arsenal

8. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    Anyone I know that had a IO AK had problems with them. Have a highly respected gun trainer I took some classes with taught them as the baddest AK's around & US made... Yeah ok.....

9. captcurly

captcurly

Sep 14, 2008
    Southern Delaware
    Thank you all and now IO is not an option. I just may go for a couple of more bucks and go with an Arsenal. Thanks again.