Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Feed ramp question

Discussion in 'GATE AR-15 Forum' started by Teddybear, Dec 16, 2010.

  1. Teddybear


    Jul 8, 2004
    I took the barrel assembly off of a S&W M&P15FT. The barrel and upper reciever has the M4 feed ramps. The upper has M4 on the front of the reciever. I'm going to rebarrel the reciever with a 20 inch goverment contour barrel assembly.
    My guestion is, will I have to use a barrel with the M4 feed ramp, or will any barrel work.
    Another question I have is, does the M4 feed ramp designation only refer to the upper, or is it a upper/barrel designation.

  2. Constructor

    Constructor Moderator

    Dec 10, 2009
    You will need a barrel extension that has M4 ramps unless you want to dremel them in. The longer ramps were first used on the M4 Carbine both the receiver and barrel is different from the rifle.