Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Feed ramp polishing and RCA spring weight change questions

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by SolidBrass, Jan 9, 2012.

1. SolidBrass

SolidBrass Against Shiny

Sep 2, 2011
    Pretty nice package finally arrived today containing a 6” lone wolf G20 barrel, a 20lbs spring (that I needed to install on guide rod) and a couple extra magazines.:wow:

Q: Having a few fail to feed issues on the stock barrel (still low round count) and reading about polishing the feed ramp just enough to smooth the loading process. What kind of dremmel bit is best for this? Someone said 'felt'. (any technique advise welcome) Is it best to shoot a bunch MFJ before using any JHP to break it in?

Q: I swapped the new spring with the Glockmeister stainless guide rod (+stock spring) that I bought with the gun. I noticed some sort of threadlocker on the allen bolt when I removed it, so the replacement got a dab of blue locktite and went as tight as the tiny allen wanted to go. Am I in good shape to shoot this monster?
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  2. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Not sure about the dremel question. But as far as your spring goes, you are good to go, sir! Just keep an eye on it, maybe inspect it after you shoot it the first few times.