close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Feds: Arapio violated civil rights....

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by OXCOPS, Dec 15, 2011.

1. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
  2. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    One little gem.....

3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    "Feds: Arapio violated civil rights.... "

Again, or still?

4. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ

C: All of the above.

5. g22od

g22od G-22-OD

Apr 8, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    He’s nothing more than a media whore thanks to his taxpayer funded publicity department. To those who reflexively love Arpaio’s flappy mug I ask the following:

How many millions have been misappropriated?

Ever look at the case closure rates (including lack of follow up phone calls on minor victims of sex abuse cases) and the amount of unserved felony warrants?

Ever seen how many millions of taxpayer dollars have been paid out in avoidable litigation?

You know in the third world where they arrests/indict people for purely political reasons and then deny remembering the events that lead up to those arrests/indictments, uhm, happens in Maricopa County!

Toss him out and let’s get someone who is interested in law enforcement in this county and not media grandstanding, selling his books, pink undies, traveling the country giving stump speeches and promoting the politics of hate.

6. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Hey Ox,

I'll be back up in your neck of the woods looking for a white Festivus. Put in a good word for some snow then. Maybe I'll see you at Diablo Burger!

:wavey:

7. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    We got nearly two feet earlier this week! There will be plenty on the ground. When you coming up?

8. rudeboy3

rudeboy3

Feb 19, 2011
    AZ
    ^^Oh and bring a coat, the low was like 8 degrees last night...

9. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    My truck said 2 this morning. You got the heat wave! Either way, it was a little on the crisp side.

10. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    I'll be going through on Christmas day on my way to the Rez, but a lot depends on the weather. The Old Farmer's Almanac has predicted a snowy December and it is coming true. I have 4 wheel drive, but don't have chains for my current tire size. Know of any places up there that stock them?

Winter clothing for sub-zero temps isn't a problem. :supergrin:

11. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    Well, I'll be out of town. Would have bought you a coffee.

As for chains, the Walmart at the 17/40 interchange, Autozone on Rte 66 west of 4th St, and most any auto parts place will.

12. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    And in keeping with the thread, Arpaio is a dick.

13. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004

Just to clarify, he is a complete incompetent micro-phallus.

14. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
  15. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    Not even going to waste my breath with the all wise professor.

16. OLY-M4gery

OLY-M4gery

Nov 7, 2001
    Southern WI
    Yeah, the chain gang, tent city, pink underwear, no cable tv, and inexpensive jail food, is awful.

Arpaio is like a lot of people that don't conform to what others do. He comes up with some really good ideas, and some really bad ones.

OTOH, the federal government should spend some of it's investigative resources on enforcing immigration laws.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  17. Fallout

Fallout County Mountie

Sep 26, 2004
    Tejas
    While I see him as a grand standing idiot on many cases,

If these allegations had any "Teeth" who believes that the Justice Department would not go after him Criminally for Deprivation of Rights?

Most of this sounds like what happened with the Racial Profiling Crap that Agencies in Texas have to document. Its "Demographics" nothing less nothing more. Joe would be under federal indictment if they could prove any of the charges.

18. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    Joe may have started out with the tough approach, which gained him national notoriety. However, that was soon overshadowed by the political headhunting, retaliation and frivolous lawsuits for personal gain. All of this has cost the taxpayer tens of millions of dollars for no reason. Its this stuff that people outside the state don't hear about, which leads to a biased opinion.

Joe may be tough on inmates, but he us far from a hero. Like I said in a recent thread, his antics remind me of the personal files J. Edgar Hoover kept. Joe is just too dumb and/or arrogant to keep them a secret.

19. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    Not yet.....

Its my understanding that this was done by the civil division, not criminal. That said, I think it could only be a matter of time.

20. blastfact

blastfact

Aug 15, 2011
    Oklahoma
    OXCOPS

I don't know what it's worth and I'm not a big law enforcement supporter. But the valley of the sun as the strangest folks in it I've ever seen from the age's of 17 to 45.

I have family there. My mother and aunt live out there and one life long friend is there. There are some really messed up folks in the valley. Be it Phx, Mesa, Tempi, or any of the other burb's or gully's people call home.

I honestly have no idea how it all work's there. If there is a speed limit of 45 mph that seems to mean drive 65 mph. Red lights mean go and green lights mean if you haven't gone bumper cars are in order. Here in Okiehoma we look for deer darting out into the hwy. There you have to watch out for humans wanting to sue you as they look for there next payday.

Every time we are in the PHX metro for more than a day, no matter where we are at. We hear guns fire. Never fails. You can tell,,,, that was a revolver, wow did you hear that semi auto pistol or the whack whack whack of a AK or the zip or a AR.

I for one have no idea why anybody would live there. I've lived and worked in many large metro's including the LA basin, NYC, Houston, Dallas, Miami, KC, St. Louis, Chi-Town. And PHX metro takes the cake for flat out insanity.

I have no idea how law enforcement can be effective short of a true police state in the valley of the sun. Folks seem crazy! How can sane folks deal with that? Pro or Con?

I think the summers destroy local resident brains. I've heard from folks I love and trust that have been in the middle east and the PHX area. They say and I quote " They all act the same " The heat fries there brains. Insanity courts Insanity.