close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fedora Core 3 Released

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by greenlead, Nov 9, 2004.

1. greenlead

greenlead

Jul 30, 2004
    NE Indiana
    That's right folks! The third installment in the wonderful Fedora Linux series has arrived. Obtain it from your favorite neighborhood mirror! :)

2. I got the pre release version.Not test 3.I was waiting til later tonight to download the isos.It supports my sound card finally and I like this kernel.

3. I just checked the isos and they are dated 3rd Nov.They are infact the prerelease version I already have.I downloaded it around that time.

4. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

Oct 23, 2001
    HotLanta, GA
    Ahh! I am getting a eBay special server so I am going to load Fedora core 3 on that.

Compaq DL380

5. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Oct 7, 2002
    thanks for the heads up.

i've been anxiously waiting.:)

6. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Thanks for the announcement!

Question, though. What's in 3 that was upgraded or new from 2?

About the only things I'm looking for is stable 802.11g and DVD (with all the letters after it) writing. I know the DVD stuff is available but I've thought about getting a burner for two layer DVDs.

DanH

7. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
  8. The release notes still aren't directly linked to Fedora's home page.There you still get the Core 2 release notes I think.