close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fedora C3 hotplug

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by DonL, Dec 22, 2004.

1. DonL

DonL

Jul 22, 2002
    Arizona
    Can anyone tell me how to restart hotplug when it crashes?

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    stop/start networking.

Hotplug is in the script for network.

DanH

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    I don't think so. I'm using 2.6.9-1.6 and use a pcmcia wireless card constantly.

What errors are you getting? What's in your messages file when it crashes? Set the logging to debug and see what that does.

DanH

4. DonL

DonL

Jul 22, 2002
    Arizona
    It crashed a few times, mainly when I use intelligent stick. I tried the stop/restart networking and nothing happens(as root). Says command not found.

Also, I've been trying to install Goggles GUI interface for Ogle and read were both, along with Fox had to be in /usr/local. If they weren't all you needed to do was for example: --ogle-prefix=/usr/local or --Fox-prefix=/usr/local Is the prefix the package number? I've tried that and just says file not found.

I was trying to stick with Knoppix but it seemed like every new version something that previously worked all of a sudden stopped working.....Like shutting down computer...Used to work, then stopped. Same with USB dongles.

Fedora C3 has worked pretty good so far, I just hate when I don't know how to get stuff done....This is just an example of what I mean. I got this from net to install tar packages:

To untar: tar -zxvf (package).tar.gz
    Then: cd (where package is)
    Next: ./configure
    Then: make
    Next: make install

Here is where I get frustrated, because nothing happens at "make". Did I miss something?...Its per instrucions.

5. Give PCLinuxOS a try.It's one of the best desktop distros I've found.Also Mepis has a some good features but so PCLinuxOS is the most perfect for me so far.

6. Now both kernel 2.6.9 and 2.6.10 both have USB issues.Kernel 2.6.9 has issues with Intel 810 video.The 2.6.8 kernel had CD writing issues that were mostly patched but kernel 2.6.7 seems to have the least hardware issues.