close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Federal Nyclad 125gr .38 spl...who uses it?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by kmrcstintn, Nov 24, 2012.

1. kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

Apr 16, 2002
    Hershey, PA
    due to financial needs I have had to liquidate several firearms this year and that brings the S&W 642 (that previously was my dad's before he passed) back into active rotation (sold my Ruger SP101) and the ammo I seem to have to feed it is Federal Nyclad 125gr hollowpoints:
    http://www.federalpremium.com/products/details/handgun.aspx?id=828

out of curiosity, who chooses to use this vs. more modern designed hollowpoints? thanks...

2. Mr Z

Mr Z

Jan 23, 2002
    I have several boxes that my wife prefers to use. Seems to have milder recoil than other types of ammo.

3. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Dont use it anymore as I am currently using Gold Dot short barrels in my snub. Its a good load and if I get couldn't get the Gold Dot I would have no problem using it.

4. Cfish

Cfish

Aug 20, 2008
    North FL
    Great round if you have a snubbie that is not rated for +p.

5. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Feb 20, 1999
    Florida
    I would suggest one of the short-barrel rounds such as GD or PDX1. They are bonded and will provide adequate penetration. Or, the good ole fashioned 158 LSWHP.

6. kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

Apr 16, 2002
    Hershey, PA
    thanks for the recommedation concerning modern ammo choices, but my finances are TIGHT and I'm budgeting really hard, so no further ammo purchases for a long while to come...

7. fran m

fran m

Mar 7, 2005
    drexel hill pa
    I think they are a good round. If I could find 50 Rnd boxes of HPs for a reasonable price, non +P, I would be buying some for my snubs.

8. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    You'll get by fine with the 125gr Nyclads. Just aim for the sternum or forehead.