close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Federal American Eagle 9mm 124gr FMJ AE9AP

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Bret, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Bret

Bret Crimping Master

Jan 21, 2003
    North Georgia
    I just won a case of this ammo on a gunbroker auction. For those who have used this (not the 115gr version), how does it compare to the other factory ammo out there? I've used the 115gr version in the past, but it seemed a little weak. I'm not only interested in how powerful it seems to other factory loads, but also accuracy and how clean it is. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    IME, it is as accurate as anything out there. I don't have a chrono, but it seems consistant. As far as being dirty, everything but Wolf seems about the same to me.

3. AA#5

AA#5

Nov 26, 2008
    I've ran several cases of it (at least 18,000 rounds) through my Uzi (S.A.) & I find it very accurate at 100 yds & it has never malfunctioned. I've shot long-range metallic silhouette with it.

The Uzi has a very heavy bolt & is blowback operated, so an underpowered round wouldn't function.