Federal .223 100 count box marked Not for Sale

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Vdoc, Mar 31, 2013.

1. #1 Vdoc, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  2. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Here ya go:
    [​IMG]

3. thanks, Which code should I use next time

4. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed NRA Business Al

It was part of a larger lot of ammo, in a cover box, like this Remington box I purchased, with the smaller, plain marked smaller boxes inside.

My white box was marked, not for resale also. Keeps the dealers from breaking up ammo bundles. (slows them down a little anyway)

[​IMG]

#4 ShallNotBeInfringed, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  5. Above poster is correct.

6. ShallNotBeInfringed

Right click on any image you want to use here, and choose copy. Then come here, and with the curser where you want the image, right click, and choose paste.

There are other ways, but that one is pretty easy to use, and very handy.

[​IMG]

7. Ok, Thanks.

8. ShallNotBeInfringed

O no, not so fast, tell us about the ammo. Is it for sale in the white boxes?

9. DJ Niner

These were originally sold as a two-pack, in an outer sleeve marked 200 Round Value Pack. The inner boxes do not have all the warnings and other info usually put on ammo boxes for retail sale, thus the "Not for resale" markings.

I bought several of these about 8-10 years ago from Walmart, and I also remember seeing a variation of this Value Pack about 5-6 years ago at several local sporting goods stores (the variation had 10, 20-round boxes in a similar outer sleeve, of the same ammo type).

The ammo is pretty decent stuff; crimped primers, feeds through most ARs using decent magazines, better-than-average-FMJ accuracy, flat-based JHP bullet, great for varmints or predator hunting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the warnings/ballistics data, in case you are interested:

[​IMG]

If I remember correctly, these Value Packs originally sold for about $76, with the later (10, 20-round-boxes) variations going for more, around $125.

I should have bought a truckload of them...

#9 DJ Niner, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  10. Maybe they are starting an ammo museum so we can remember what it looked like.

11. Empty boxes only?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

12. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Thanx for the pics - a thousand words.