FBI still using 10mm Auto in HK MP5/10?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by glock20c10mm, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Is the FBI still making use of the 10mm Auto in the HK MP5/10? I've heard yes, but haven't been able to verify.

Can anyone say either way, and if so, to what extent?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Anyone still driving a CV using an iPod or XM radio? Cop Talk Mar 4, 2013
    Anyone still using a plastic magazine release on a pm9 Kahr Club Feb 5, 2011
    Still using those George Foreman grills? Food Forum Jun 19, 2007
    George Zimmerman still worthy of support? The Okie Corral Thursday at 7:47 PM
    He Still Has The Moves The Lighter Side Wednesday at 8:38 AM

3. #2 cowboy1964, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  4. They languish in storage.

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

What a shame.

6. Ummm, no they don't our local feeb's shoot their 10mm MP's monthly, i pick up their brass.

7. I was told that by an armourer at HQ. Maybe it varies across the country.

8. MP-5 in 10 mm. I wanna shoot it. That would be so cool. :supergrin:

9. They are still using the 10 in some places. One on my employee's husband works for the FBI in PA and still uses the 10, but expects to be transitioned completly over to M4 in a few years.

10. What type of ammo are they using?

11. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

Wow I so would rather have one in 10 than 9. Would be friggin sweet.

12. Nickeled Rem brass, UMC box stuff i think as there are always green/white boxes in the trash when they leave. I never bothered to look at bullet weight.

13. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock?
    Silver Member

So basically .40S&W loaded rounds.... :tongueout:

14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

A 10mm MP5 is so awesome that it's sort of like King Arthur's sword in the stone - the FBI doesn't have anybody awesome enough that they can even pick one up. That made them impractical for FBI use.

15. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

dont expect the fbi to use full powered 10mm.

16. Yep, but it is good brass:supergrin:

17. Geez, I didn't know there was a full auto 10mm s.b. rifle.

What a Frankenstein!

18. Considering the FBI, DHS and etc buy a LOT of .40sw ammo I honestly don't see the reasoning in using a 10mm carbine. Sure the 10mm is more robust round than the .40 however I doubt the feds would use full house 10mm loads anyway. I also doubt the .40 JHP bullets used in 10mm would hold up to the velocities you would see out of a 10mm carbine.

19. They got them back in the real early 90's to go with the then issued S&W 1076's, have had them since but it sounds like they are doing away with them. I've got to handle one but they were out of ammo so i couldn't pull the trigger:crying:

20. I can't imagine there would be anything left except for forensic evidence after some agents with these cannons went blasting into a situation.

21. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net
    CLM

My dad was in the FBI up until a few years ago. I know he had a 10mm MP5 up until the end. Not sure about right now though. I could ask my cousin, he is a special agent...