close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Favorite production knife manufacturer.

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by syntaxerrorsix, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Spyderco

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Benchmade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kershaw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Case

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Gerber

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Emerson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Strider

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Buck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Multi-Tool, SAK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    I know everyone has a favorite knife. I am interested in users that have several from the same manufacturer and have found them to be well rounded. I would be interested in what you consider the best and worst offerings and why.

2. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    Overall quality of build, variety of builds and steel I'm hard pressed to vote for anythig other than Spyderco.

My hands down favorite must be the Paramilitary II, it just fits. It's likely the best EDC knife on the market now. The compression lock, ergonomics and blade steel make it hard to beat.

The worst knife I've owned from Spyderco were the original Endura's. The integrated plastic clips broke frequently. Good news was they were cheap and the PX stocked them regularly :supergrin:

3. I had to vote for Spyderco. :supergrin: My favorite being the Delica.

4. This is tough. I gave the nod to Emerson, but I am a big fan of Sypderco and Kershaw, especially now with the ZT line.

5. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    My favorites on the list are Emerson because of the wave and toughness, Benchmade because I really dig a few of their designs and the Axis lock, and Spyderco due to their constant innovation and listening to what customers want. This was a tough one but I gave it to Emerson just because I'm such a huge fan of their wave feature, there is nothing faster. Of those three I carry and use the Emersons more. My single favorite knife is my Commander with the Krein regrind. I like my Case knives too, I carry a Russlock every day along with a bigger knife.

I'm not a fan of the foreign Benchmade lines, and only like U.S. and Japan Spydercos. I feel that having knives made in Taiwan and China cheapen the brand.

I have a ZT0561 on the way and it looks to be promising, and the jury is still out on my CRK Umnumzaan. I have been carrying it almost exclusively for a few months. It doesn't seem to hold a very good edge and the blade has a lot of drag when cutting. I am trying really hard to like this knife but I am still on the fence. It is butter smooth and locks up like a bank vault though.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  6. rygleason

rygleason

Nov 17, 2005
    Colorado
    Spyderco for sure! My favorite EDC combos:

XHP Military&PM2 digicam satin

Gayle Bradley&Caly 3 carbon fiber

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. Creatism

Creatism

Dec 25, 2011
    I have to give it to spyderco, I actually hate the "finger hole" opening they use. But got an endura in trade and have been carrying it daily for the past 2 yrs or so. Just love knife! Now I have a delica another endura with the glock tool attached and thinking the paramilitary2!!

Typed from my iPhone.

8. Roundabout136

Roundabout136

Oct 10, 2011
    Va
  9. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    They don't have a folder yet.

10. steve carlile

steve carlile

Mar 31, 2002
    south texas
    for a knife I like a Case.
    for a pistol I like a Glock.

11. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    Spyderco!

Faves- Military and ATR

The hole is my favorite opening method.

I only really care for the Japanese and Golden models.

12. m14fan

m14fan

Jan 20, 2012
    mississippi
    I bought a Cold Steel in 96 the spring before my oldest son was born.We is now 15,so my daily carry knife is now 16.it's the very best knife Ive ever owned,and still holds an edge better than any knife Ive ever owned.i need to retire it but I cant bring myself to buy a new knife.I dont know how they are now.

Have a friend that has had several spyderco and know thet are awesome knives.

13. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Waved Emerson, hands down. Put a wave on a Benchmade 710, and it would get the nod.

14. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    Put a FFG on Emerson knives and I would have voted another way as well :supergrin:

15. MNSurvival

MNSurvival EDC Enthusiast

Feb 20, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Glad to see Spyderco grading out so high. I voted for them as well, and it wasn't even close to me. My best friend Steve would probably disagree, as he is a huge Benchmade fan. I like their balisongs (benchmade)- but when it comes to the standard folder, I'm not a fan of the axis lock. My buddy X4cto on youtube took one apart to show a lack of integrity that those locks have.

I prefer the steel that Spyderco uses, along with the Full Flat Ground Blades. Their Enduras and Delicas with VG-10 at the $60 price point are a marketing masterpiece, and with the reliable lockback system, those blades are some of the best. Once you begin getting into the $100+ you have some absolute beauties like the Paramilitary, Military, Sage, Manix, Natives. To me they just have done everything just about as right as you could.

LOL, just my $.02

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  16. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

Sep 4, 2006
    Spyderco makes some great pocket knives. I'd agree that for weight, lockup, and blade grind, the military II is a wonderful little pocket knife. The blades don't hold an edge for long, though, and roll easily, and I've seen several of them crack now, through the ground edge. (or chip off).

My personal choice for carry is Emerson. I nearly always have a military or paramilitary with me for general cutting, though.

17. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    I own both Spyderco and Benchmade products and they are both awesome blades.

My vote goes to Benchmade though. :wavey: