Glock Talk banner

Favorite night sights?

14K views 65 replies 61 participants last post by  ScrappyDoo 
#1 · (Edited)
I realize that this is a pretty subjective question and that I will most likely be informed of the search feature of this forum (with mostly older results), but I'm gonna chance it anyways.

I'm a first time glock owner (36) and intend on eventually carrying it after getting my CCW permit. My question to the veteran glockers is about the brand and make of the tritium sights that you prefer. I live in a place where different night sights are not readily available for me to base an opinion on. I would like to have the brightest sights available that work great for both range time as well as home defense. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#4 ·
A real loaded question here! LOL!
I have used Trijicon, Ameriglo, Meprolight, etc. They are all pretty good. The best bet is just to look around.

I personally have 10-8 brass bead sights on my Glock 19, and Ameriglo tritium sights on my Glock 22.

#16 ·
Heine makes fine sights. Check out there web sight. Buy them at Brownells. Expensive but excellent sights. Can't go wrong with Ameriglos Trijicon, Mepros . Tru Glo TFO are CDT visible but the tubes can break or come out.

#19 ·
I run an ameriglo I Dot Pro orange front, with a 10-8 black rear that has a .156 U notch. This combo works great for me and allows very fast hits while retaining the ability to shoot accurately at distance. I personally like the .156 rear better then any offered currently by ameriglo as all of their U notch rears are huge.

#23 ·
I'm really digging the Trijicon HD sights. I remember reading somewhere that the Ameriglo sights use trijicon tritium tubes and even say trijicon on them. Anyone know if there's any validity to that? The 10% savings on the Ameriglo sights is certainly enticing. Basically, I'm looking at going with:

Ameriglo GL-212-OR-C front sight:

Ameriglo GL-235R (Rear in pic but yellow)

#25 ·
I'm really digging the Trijicon HD sights. I remember reading somewhere that the Ameriglo sights use trijicon tritium tubes and even say trijicon on them. Anyone know if there's any validity to that? The 10% savings on the Ameriglo sights is certainly enticing. Basically, I'm looking at going with:

Ameriglo GL-212-OR-C front sight:

Ameriglo GL-235R (Rear in pic but yellow)
You are correct that they are trijicon. And they do say trijicon on them. I actually got the Ameriglo GL-212-OR-C front sight and love it. I chose to stick with the stock back sight for now. I love it, the orange is supper easy to quickly pick up on target and the night sight green core is super bright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.