Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Favorite gun stores?

Discussion in 'Ohio Glockers' started by Syclone538, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
    PO Box 556
    Springboro, OH 45066
    Order Toll Free: 888-748-5252
    Questions, General information: 513-424-9960

AIM Advanced Int'l Marketing
    3801 Lefferson Rd.
    Middletown, OH 45044
    (Phone: 513-424-9960)

Best firearms in Painesville
    142 E Erie St,
    Painesville, OH
    (800) 480-4867

Black Wing Shooting Center
    3722 Marysville Rd
    Delaware, OH 43015
    740/ 363-7555

Bottom Dollar Gun and Archery
    9381 Praire RD NW
    Washington Court House, OH 43160

Brass Tactics
    35475 Vine Street
    Eastlake, OH 44095
    Phone: 440.946.6423

7255 Center Street
    Mentor, OH 44060
    Phone: 440-255-0120

7543 Pearl Road
    Middleburg Hgts, OH 44130
    Phone: 440-234-2425

Buckeye Outdoors
    150 Arrowhead Blvd
    Hebron, OH 43025
    Phone: 614-471-7353

Champion Shooters Supply
    P.O. Box 303
    42 N. High St.
    New Albany, OH 43054

10306 Airport Highway
    Swanton, Ohio 43558
    Phone: 419-865-4713

CP Firearms
    1340 Deerridge Estates
    New Richmond OH 45157-8551
    (513) 553-GUNS

Fin Feather and Fur
    652 State Rt 250 East
    Ashland, OH 44805
    Phone: 419-289-0071

Galyan’s Columbus

Gun World
    4069 Main St
    Hilliard, OH 43026-1435
    (614) 876-1657

Hohler's Gunshop
    3072 Canton Rd NW
    Carrollton OH 44615

900 E Bigelow Avenue
    Findlay, Ohio 45840
    Phone (419) 422-0912

Jim's Gun Shop
    Box 46 County Rd 393
    Coal Run, OH 45721
    Phone: 740-984-4597

New Albany Shooting Range
    10299 Johnstown Road
    New Albany, OH 43054
    614) 939-GUNS (4867)

Ohio Valley Outdoors
    "Just north of Lancaster on State Route 33"
    Lancaster, OH 43130

Ohio Rapid Fire
    537 North Elm St
    Troy, OH 45373
    (937) 332-0833

Olde English Outfitters
    480 E. Ginhamsburg Road
    Tipp City, OH 45371

One Shot, Inc.
    6871 Main Street
    Newtown, OH 45244
    (513) 233-0885
    Class III

Powder Room
    2470 State Route 750
    Powell, Ohio 43065
    (614) 846-3396
    (866) 846-3396

Sportsman’s Den
    201 N. Gamble St
    Shelby, OH 44875-1302
    Phone: 419-347-3007

Shooters' Supply Shop Incorporated
    362 Loveland Madeira Rd
    Loveland, OH 45140-2549
    (513) 683-2911

Stonewall LTD. Gun Shop & Pistol Range
    100 Ken-Mar Industrial Parkway
    Broadview Hts., OH 44147
    Phone: (440) 526 0029

Valley Gun & Collectibles
    128 S Wooster St
    Strasburg, OH 44680
    Phone: 330-878-2337

Vance’s Shooters Supply
    3723 Cleveland Ave
    Columbus, OH 43224
    Phone: 614-471-7353

Vandalia Range and Armory
    100 Corp Center Dr.
    Vandalia, OH 45377

Vandalia Tactical
    312 N Dixie Dr
    Vandalia OH 45377

Any help with addresses, phone #s, and websites would be appreciated. Also feel free to mention any mistakes as I haven’t really checked over it for typos or double checked to make sure I have all the right info with the right businesses yet. At some point I might call all of them and check prices on a G17 and one or two other (non Glock) guns.

Original post

The first thing I thought of when I seen an Ohio forum was that I would find more places to check prices on guns. Well I looked though a couple pages and searched and didn’t find a thread about it so I thought I would start one. If I missed it just point me in the right direction and I’ll ask a mod to lock this one.

1. Sportsman’s Den in Shelby is the place I buy most of my guns, they usually have great prices. I don’t even check anywhere else unless the price sounds high. They had Glocks for $460 + tax for Christmas. Regular price is $480 I believe. Out of the 3 places I checked, they were the highest on Kel-Tecs.

2. Fin, Fur, Feather northeast of Mansfield has pretty good prices too. I haven’t been there for a quite awhile but I doubt much has changed.

3. Vance’s in Columbus – same as #2.

So what are everyone else’s favorite gun stores?
  2. barr115

barr115 More Cowbell !!

Oct 5, 2004
    SE Ohio
    +1 on Vance's...I've bought several guns from them. I do some price comparisons, and then call Vance's w/ my best price, and they always beat it. The only drawback to the place is it is always so crowded;f and damn near impossible to get through to gun sales on the phone b/c they are dealing w/ customers. ;c

3. Vances has an outstanding selection, if you can get past the crowds hanging on the display cases. For a much better shopping experience, drive 25 miles further east on I70 and stop in Hebron at Buckeye Outdoors. Good selection and country friendly staff.
  4. ampleworks

Dec 4, 2004
    Southern Ohio
    OH Valley Outdoors on 33 in Lancaster has a big selection of firearms but I'm not sure on their prices as I've never really paid much attention.

I do know their range fees are reasonable.
  5. barr115

barr115 More Cowbell !!

Oct 5, 2004
    SE Ohio
    avg retail, not the highest, not the lowest. However, I've found that they don't care to compete w/ others on prices if you find a better deal elsewhere;c I was in there just the other day...I don't know if it was my imagination or what, but they seemed to be a little low on guns in stock...maybe they still haven't recovered from Christmas sales or something
  6. barr115

barr115 More Cowbell !!

Oct 5, 2004
    SE Ohio
    I haven't been out there yet, but plan too soon. Is it more of a "hunting" store than Vance's? I mean, do they have the gun selection that Vance's has?
  7. DistantTea

DistantTea Monkey Vendor

Oct 18, 2004
    Dayton/Cincy Ohio
    If you are in SW Ohio Olde English has some of the best prices around. Sometimes I'm kind of envious of the Kentucky guys because they can buy stuff at Budsgunshop so darn cheap but Olde English Outfitters has great customer service while having some of the most reasonable prices you can find in a store.

Although if you go farther south the guys at Loveland Shooters Supply are pretty cool. Their prices aren't as good but they'll strip down a gun for you and show you all the mechanics no matter what you stupid question is.
  8. buckeye outdoors is a vances or at least is in cahoots with them. if you get the vances adds in the paper, youll see buckeye outdoors name at the top of the page too. it has loads of guns and is much bigger than the cleveland ave. vances.
  9. 7774

Oct 9, 2005
    troy ohio
    olde engligh is the way to go around dayton, hands down.
  10. pjb829

pjb829 Go Bengals!

Jul 30, 2001
    Olde English is great gunshop with a tremendous inventory. I wouldn't characterize OE's prices as exceptionally competitive. They do have good sale prices though.

Vandalia Tactical is also a great gun shop with a lot of inventory and better prices than Olde English.

11. They are more of a hunting and fishing store, but have a large selection of handguns, rifles, and shotguns, also archery. They can get anything Vance's has and often will transfer stock from one store to the other. You won't find any gangbangers fondling any GACK FOTYS at Buckeye Outdoor either.
  12. degoodman

degoodman Out of Columbus

Jun 7, 2004
    Marysville, OH's my look. And I've been to a ton of shops in Ohio, more than I Indicate here. I'm also going to only talk about shops, not ranges with attached shops. Every range I'm aware of has higher prices on the guns than non-range shops on average. Every now and again a sale at the place with the worst prices will give them the best price for a week. Do your homework whenever you are buying anything that costs more than than a couple bucks!

My absolute favorite shop is Bottom Dollar Gun and Archery in Washington Court House. They don't have a giant inventory, but they can order anything you want in a short amount of time. I've called them on a Thursday afternoon at 3:00 to order something, and they've had the gun the next day. Prices generally beat anyone around Ohio, so far the only exception being prices on new Glocks when Vance's had them on sale for $449. By far and away the best prices on powder and primers in the state.

Vance's has turned into a "tactical" shop. Every time you stop by they have fewer and fewer hunting rifles and shotguns and more and more combat handguns and rifles. Despite that, they do have the widest in-stock selection around Columbus, so of you want to touch a bunch of different guns at the same time to compare, this is probably the shop. Prices are reasonable. I think you can beat most of thier prices with a little searching around, but you also aren't getting raked over the coals if you pay what they're asking. Glock pistols are the exception to this. They are usually the lowest price in the area, and if someone's lower they are having a sale.

Buckeye outdoors is owned by the same folks as Vance's. You'll get the same price at either shop on anything they have. Buckeye is a much more hunting focused shop. Lots more in areas like archery, binoculars scopes and other optics, hunting clothing and accessories, fishing supplies galore etc. I liked Buckeye more when they were in the old building, because when they moved in the new digs, prices on everythnig went up 10%.

Fin Feather and Fur Outfitters up in Ashland is another good shop. Probably the best in Ohio. Prices usually a hair under Buckeye or Vance's, but not by enough most of the time to justify the gas to go up there for me. Great selection of clothing, gear, reloading supplies, fishing stuff, really a great shop. Another example of moving into a new building and raising the prices though. Even though they were absolutely shoehorned into the old building, literally had lots of places you has to side step between stuff cause otherwise you didn't fit, their prices were much lower. I may be different than some, but I don't mind a cramped shop when it saves me 10% over the competetion.

Olde English over in Dayton doesn't really do anything for me. Prices are high. Higher than any other major shop in the state in my experience on anything I've ever looked for there. I have a cousin that lives 20 minutes from olde english but he drives the hour and a half down to columbus to do any firearms related shopping. Thst's pretty consistent amongst the people I know around him too. Speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned.

Jaqua's is really a target shotgun shop, but they also do carry a decent array of hunting rifles and shotguns too. The thing about them that is cool is they have their entire inventory online, so you can tell right away if their price is good or not. Because they are so devoted to target shotguns, when they get other stuff in there they are often WAY under priced on it. I've seen Kimber 1911's in there for $200 less than what everybody else had them for at the time. They also tend to offer high value on trade in guns if you're buying something. Really high. So high that you'd never get that price form anybody else if you were selling it.

The one shop I really miss is the old Accusport store over in Bellefontaine before they closed it down and went distributor only probably 15 years ago now. I am about sick thinking about the racks of literally dozens of HK91's, 93's and 94's priced at under $600, because at the time noone bought them. $6000 spent in 1989 would easily be worth $30K today. They also had crates with a couple dozen police trade model 10 smiths, and trashcans full of mossberg 500's and remington 870's sitting there barrel down for you to pick through. The first rifle I was ever given, and the first handgun I ever earned (parents bribed me with a pistol if I pulled a 4.0 for the year when I was in like 5th grade, that wouldn't go over so well today, but that's a different story) were from there.

Others that I haven't been to for a while...for a reason...are B&T and Keiths up in Mentor. Prices were dope addict high. Wouldn't pay their price for any reason. Keith's is probably gone by now. That goes equally for Pistol Pete's out towards Chesterland, and Atlantic Gun and Tackle in Bedford. Basically anything by cleveland was BS on the prices, and my dad did, and still does, travel out of town to shop for any firearms related purchases.

Haven't ever had much business in Cincinnati or Toledo, so don't know anything about any shops around there. Can't imagine that there's anything good in Toledo with their crappy firearms laws. Don't know a a thing about Cinci. Time for other to fill in the gaps.
  13. Still true today. You can still find over priced guns at Pistol Pete's. He's not very nice, either. Haven't been back to him in years. He would proclaim something like "All guns marked at retail - make me an offer"- I think he would accept a bid maybe $10 off of retail. Pistol Pete's robbed

Atlantic Gun & tackle - no idea how they stay in business. Prices appear to be full retail +20%. Filthy stores. I go in there when I need a laugh.

If B&T is B&T Shooting Supplies in Middleburg Hts. they are not too bad - for a Cleveland area shop that is.
  14. Gander Mountain isn't half-bad when running a sale.
  15. Banker Billy

Banker Billy

May 11, 2004
    Central Ohio
    Here's my 2 cents . .

Been going to Fin, Feather, Fur for about 10-15 years. Little more than an hour from home.

Started going to Buckeye Outdoors a couple of years ago. Little more than an hour from my place too. Most often take my 15 year old son along too.

Been a little disapointed with FFF over the past 12-18 months. Seems they always have the same old handguns in stock. Inventory at Buckeye is at least twice what is at FFF, and the inventory changes too.

Buckeye has taken a lot of my money over the past year . . . .
  16. sprmedic69

Jul 4, 2005
    SW Ohio
    I really do hate people
  17. DistantTea

DistantTea Monkey Vendor

Oct 18, 2004
    Dayton/Cincy Ohio
    LOL thats quite the plug.

I'm waiting for the gun store that does deliveries. ;f
  18. Matt VDW

Matt VDW Millennium Member

Sep 23, 1999
    Champions Shooters Supply ( ) in New Albany is worth a visit if you're interested in ISSF, smallbore or highpower competition. It's a small shop with a small inventory and most of the prices aren't noteworthy, but it is one of the few places to stock a good selection of Anschutz rifles, Eley ammo and Star bullets. Sometimes there will be a great deal on a "non-target" firearm that someone traded.
  19. Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
    Is Galyans the same as Dick’s?

Does anyone have any info on OH Valley Outdoors in Lancaster or Vandalia Tactical?