close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite Gun Stores in KC area ?

Discussion in 'Midwest Glockers' started by Super Hans, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Super Hans

Super Hans
    Expand Collapse
    : Peep Show :

Hello all, I'm wanting to know what your favorite gun stores are in the KC area.

Please add any details you can think of: wide selection of ammo or firearms, prices, customer service, etc ...

also, anyone dealt with http://www.summitgunbroker.com/ ? feedback ?

Thanks, Super Hans

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. toddmog

toddmog
    Expand Collapse

Since moving back to KS this year, I've dealt with Olathe Gun Shop and Jayhawk Pawn in Lawrence. A lot of people seem to like The Bullet Hole in OP, but I haven't been in there.

I've been wanting to order a G17 from Mark at Summit, but haven't had the $$$. I've heard great things about him.

3. Super Hans

Super Hans
    Expand Collapse

I've been in the Bullet Hole a few times and do not like it. Their prices are through the roof. The price they had for a new Glock 30 was $695. I bought a new one for $600 somewhere else. They have 3 indoor ranges. Only one is open to the public (the crappy one) and I found it to be poorly lit and not well ventilated. They sell these horrible reloads for the indoor range which leave you and the people next to you in a cloud of smoke. I didn't buy any but the person next to me was using them and they were CRAP. I found a nice indoor range in Topeka and don't mind driving a little farther to support someone who charges decent prices on firearms and ammo, and runs a better range.

the Bullet Hole = Thumbs Down

#3 Super Hans, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  4. nedrgr21

nedrgr21
    Expand Collapse

Great Guns
    184 W 92 Hwy
    Kearney, MO 64060
    (816) 628-6431

No affiliation - just got a good deal and friendly, fast service.

5. toddmog

toddmog
    Expand Collapse

I'm guessing you are talking about Kaw Valley Gun Club. It's a pretty nice place. I've shot there once. However, every price I was quoted on new Kimbers was MSRP and not what you can actually purchase one for. He wanted $1250 for an Ultra CDP II, where my local shop quoted me $1027.

6. mhmills

mhmills
    Expand Collapse

Try Holsters and More they are not a shooting range but they have good prices on most of their stuff.

518 NW Gorden
    Topeka KS

7. Leonard

Leonard
    Expand Collapse

Sorry you got hosed on your new glock.

Bought a nib Glock 19 from mark today for less than $500.00 otd.

8. Super Hans

Super Hans
    Expand Collapse

I don't feel I got hosed

$600 for new Glock 30 with factory night sights. Plus I picked it up the night of an IDPA match I was shooting in so it was very convenient. I love the G30.

I got prices from Mark and with shipping and FFL transfer fees it would have been the same price as what I paid.

Though I might get a used Glock from him..

toddmog: yes, I'm talking about Kaw Valley Gun Club, only been there a few times for IDPA matches. Other than buying my Glock 30 from the owner I don't have much experience with the store. He didn't have it in stock but got it in 2 days.

did you get a Kimber ? how is it running?

#8 Super Hans, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  9. Leonard

Leonard
    Expand Collapse

Sorry i misread your post ,Mea Culpa,:wavey:

10. Smoker

Smoker
    Expand Collapse

With my winter job I'm off on Sunday & Monday, I got the app for Kaw Valley, looks like a good way to use up some cold days & bullets.