Favorite Folder-WHY?

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by akapennypincher, Nov 29, 2012.

1. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

Spydero or ?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I'll start it off. Kershaw Blur at the moment because it is my newest knife.
    [​IMG]

3. Emerson CQC-7

Size, fit in the hand, durable, holds a good edge tanto point

I keep the tanto point very straight. I use it all the time like a single edge razor scraper.

4. [​IMG]

however, if i were limited to one folder, i'd go with a presidio 520 without a second thought.
    [​IMG]

5. This

[​IMG]

or one of these

[​IMG]

As to why? The 561 because it is beefy, and because the flipper and KVT make for fast, smooth action.

The Yojimbo 2 because how it feels in the hand, compression lock, and Wharncliffe - and because mine were personally signed by a great guy and great instructor.

#5 TurboRocket, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh well, I guess I can't decide...

#9 Officer's Match, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  7. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

Favorite, my Umnumzaan. My ZT 0561, Rukus, and Kulgera are all up there though.

8. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

This.'08.

9. [​IMG]

Spyderco Millitary with Carbon Fiber handle.

Why? It's light, sharp, I like the length of the blade, I LOVE the flat grind, and I can quickly and easily open it with one hand using my index finger to give it a small flick. The steel is ok (BG-42) and the carbon fiber handle is just sweet. It's also made in the USA!

I'm eyeing (and will probably buy) the newer titanium handled model as well, although I'm not sure which is a better handle material..

#12 bushjumper, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  10. Hinderer XM-18. toughest knife I've ever used.

11. The Sage 1 is definitely one of my favorites. It's "polite" enough for office presentation, but can do some heavy duty work if called upon.

Good call... :cool:

12. Thanks, I like that knife quite a bit, more than many much more expensive ones in fact.

13. I'm a Spyderco guy myself, I have a ton of them. Some are for sale in fact, if anyone is interested holler. Depends on the task, but for solid or heavy use, the Gayle Bradley and Manix 2 are great, as well as the Native. Daily carry the Native, Sage, and delica are great. Little ones like the dragonfly are nice too. I'd love one of the new titanium Chapparels, but I dont have the funds just yet. The new Southard flipper looks awesome too, but thats spendy also.

14. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

I do have a Spyderco Kumo that I really like, and wouldn't mind picking up a Gayle Bradley Air.

15. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist
    CLM

Favorite? That's tough.

Spyderco Para 2 for its ergonomics and FFG. It's pure slicer heaven and easily the most pocketable knife I own.

CR Sebenza, unparalleled fit and tolerance. If I could get a FFG instead of a hollow grind blade it would have made my decision a little easier.

16. Umnumzaan. Fit, finish, ergos, carriability...

VECP. Fit, finish, ergos, carriability...

#19 RetailNinja, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  17. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist
    CLM

I was previously unaware of this maker. Good looking knives.