Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Father shoots/kills intruder/boyfriend

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Ajon412, Mar 15, 2014.

Completely reasonable....Can any local guys chime in on this one....
  2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL

3. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Unless he knew or should have known it was her boyfriend he did what was reasonable.

The version I saw mentioned the kid making a quick movement like he was racing for a weapon when the father shot. So sounds like he did not immediately and automatically open fire, so I can't see any reason to doubt his story. He had no reason to wait unless he was trying NOT to shoot unless it was necessary/unavoidable.

Sad tragedy for sure, but no crime.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app
  4. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Did he talk to the Police?
  5. Father transported to hospital, medical condition for which he takes medication. Single parent. Daughter gonna have a hard time finding another boyfriend...
  6. BL33D 4 M3

BL33D 4 M3 SDMF

Nov 19, 2005
    Chicago/North Burbs
    She drop dead gorgeous?
  7. Glock!9

Oct 5, 2001
    South Eastern PA
    She denied knowing him at the moment when the dad asked...two families ruined...shame but at least it snot a race issue....
  8. Oh girl... somebody's gonna be grounded for, like, a MONTH!

But seriously, tragic for the DOA boy and his family. Horrible for the girl's family.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  9. Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    The thread in GNG is like 12 pages long. We'll see how it pans out. Bunch of lives ruined over this.
  10. Vicarious Reality

Vicarious Reality

Oct 29, 2013
    Well, the evidence kind of makes a strong argument for it ... /cynicism

What a bad deal though, all the way around.
  11. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Nope. Kids was still alive before the father got involved. Sites Texas grant civil immunity if the shooting is justified? Otherwise father could be in a world of hurt even if no charges are filled.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  12. The same thread in GNG, they were very sympathetic to the father.

That thread was closed before I could post, but I have to wonder what if, instead of the father, a 9-1-1 call was made and a LEO showed up. Then everything else happens exactly as it did.

I'm betting the GNG crowd would be shouting for the LEO to be arrested...
  13. USAF96815

Apr 26, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Any thoughts on the daughter being charged for lying to the father before he shot him?

Reports I've read stated she said she didn't know who he was then Dad capped his ass, only to find out later on that he was her bf.

I doubt it would happen but never know if the other family gets involved and starts raising hell.
  14. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    I feel bad for the b/f and his family. The last words he heard was his g/f denying that she knew him.
  15. stricky

stricky Unknown to Me

Jul 17, 2006
    *deleted link to locked thread. That would be a no-no.

Sucks for all involved. No winners in this one.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I imagine they grant civil immunity to the shooter...not to his daughter who caused the shooting. He may still have a problem. This is a case where I don't see the civil immunity really saving him or his homeowners insurer.
  17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I'd bet you are correct.
  18. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

In CA, a lot of people would be going to jail and also sued civilly for millions and millions of dollars. Where's the mainstream media? This is a sad story for all involved.
  19. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Summary on this one as dictated by the father and daughter -

-Male child awakens father in a panic, saying there is someone in the daughter's room.

-Father grabs pistol, opens daughter's door and finds a male subject in bed with her.

-Daughter immediately denies knowing the male subject.

-Father draws down on the male and orders him not to move.

-The male makes a furtive movement of some type (probably reaching for his clothes, but hindsight is 20/20) and the father shoots him.

Provided that's what really happened, I wouldn't see charges. Not in Texas anyway. That girl has some real soul-searching to do. She wrote a big ass check that her boyfriend had to cash and her father has to live with for the rest of his life.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  20. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    Its not against the law to lie to your parents.
    So I can think of no way to charge her.