close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Father shoots drunk driver who killed his sons

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by xray678, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    Exactly.
    Epilepcy, diabetic reaction, etc..... For all he knew the guy could have got a concussion from the wreck and was wobbling around looking drunk from a head injury.
    What can be proven though will be hard.

2. sputnik767

sputnik767

Nov 1, 2007
    Chicago
    Just out of curiosity, those of you who would vote "not guilty," you would vote this way based on what? He is clearly guilty of something. Maybe not murder, but manslaughter for sure. Keep in mind that this is not about the drunk driving ******* deserving punishment, and this case is pretty cut and dry at the moment. The way it seems, guy's truck broke down on a dark road, he had his 2 kids come out and push (on a dark road), drunk driver slammed into the rear end of his truck and killed his 2 kids. And then, it seems that the guy went into his house, got his gun, came out and shot the drunk driver. So, on what premise can you actually acquit this guy? He directly put his own kids in danger, and then denied the guy his constitutional rights by taking the law into his own hands.

And what if the guy had not been drunk, but had been rounding a dark curve and didn't see the stalled vehicle until it was too late? Would you not blame the father in that case?

And let's not forget that these kinds of actions (and 3 pages of people defending these actions) give the antis more fuel against us.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013

3. BuckFiddy

BuckFiddy

Nov 20, 2012
    You mean like another Obongo loving renegade liberal ex-cop?

4. GlockRik

GlockRik

Sep 14, 2001
    wasn't it Texas where the guy shot his son's (grandson) molester in the company of LE and walked.

5. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    I don't advocate vigilantism. Hell, up until now I wasn't sure I could even spell it.

6. RGbiker

RGbiker

Oct 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Make that two "not guilty".

7. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    So can the father of the drunk driver go shoot the guy that killed his son?

Does he also get a walk? :dunno:

8. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

He was drunk.

What if he was superman, and the round bounced off his head and spun on the floor?

9. RGbiker

RGbiker

Oct 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Newsflash:

We could be honest law abiding church going Christians who give generously to each charity on the planet, and the anti's would still hate us because we own.........(gasp) black evil looking GUNS.

Wake up. Anti's want us to live they way they live.

10. devildog2067

devildog2067

Apr 20, 2005
    Chicago
    I agree with you, there's no we we can or should make this kind of conduct legal. Having said that, I hope he walks, and I don't think I'd vote to convict him if I was on that jury.

11. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    i can't say he was right in shooting the guy, but i can't say he was wrong either.

as i sit here trying to imagine what it must have been like to watch his 2 young sons crushed between 2 motor vehicles i can't say i'd have done it any differently. i can say though that regardless of how it all plays out i'd spend the rest of my life huddled in a catatonic stupor wherever the authorities decided to stick my empty husk.

12. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    The drunk driver was breaking the law when he killed those kids.

I don't know what the law in Tx is about pushing a disabled vehicle on a thoroughfare, but I seriously doubt it is the same level as driving with a 0.175BAC

Anyways, here is a proposal to you - do what you would do, and allow other people to do what they would do.

eh? :)

13. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

Will you make up your frigging mind already???!!??!!??

:embarassed::rofl:

14. devildog2067

devildog2067

Apr 20, 2005
    Chicago
    My emotions. I'm not ashamed to say it.

I don't think my emotions are a good basis to write laws, and I 100% agree with the laws that make behavior like this illegal. But if I were to be put in the position of having to judge that man, and if I were to try to imagine what I'd be feeling if I watched some drunk smear my kids all over the road... I'd want to bring that ******* back to life so I could shoot him in the face some more.

15. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    Based on the drunk guy just ran over and killed two of his kids.

WHEN you have kids you will understand. It sucks, but guess what? Many of our laws are based almost wholly on "emotion" and "feeling" than on logic.

Ever wondered why you (me, he, she) can't buy scotch at 4:30am?

Ever wonder why men can walk around topless but women can't?

The drunk driver cashed in his constitutional rights the minute he opened the FRONT DOOR of his car and got behind the wheel.

That, would have been different. What if...what if we stick with what actually happened?

Personally, I don't give two ****s about what "antis" think. It would have been the same to me if he'd gone home for a machete and chopped the guy up in 10000 tiny pieces by the roadside.

Drunk drivers really do deserve roadside execution, particularly since the actions of booze on human bodies tend to make their odds of surviving such an incident greater, it seems.

16. ChiTownPicaro

ChiTownPicaro

Jul 16, 2012
    Instead of waging war on the judges, why not just ban alcohol again?

Either way the fact is this man is a murderer and deserves to be punished. Temporarily insane might be his excuse and I probably could buy it, but nevertheless the man took the law into his own hands. If he can do that, what other things can people justify?

17. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

And there is the crux of it.

Emotions may not be a good foundation for penal code, but begorrah, there are many laws on the books firmly entrenched in "emotion".

18. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Jury nullification. Basically saying "Yeah, the guy did it, but we're not going to find him guilty because we would've done the same thing and feel the response was justified." Or basically something to that extent.

19. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    Temporary insanity.

20. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

sweet baby jesus I cannot believe you have a badge.

Hell, I can't believe you have a driver's license.

as usual I agree with you Hummer.

the Dad was wrong to begin with and put his kids in an unsafe situation, the drunk was an idiot and ultimately to blame, but the situation as described is murder, on both their parts.