close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Father shoots drunk driver who killed his sons

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by xray678, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I think our justice system should incorporate the death penalty for drunk drivers that kill people.

2. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    With the exception that DWI homocide is treated as less than a manslaughter in most cases. It should be treated as first degree murder. Why? The person made a concious, premediated decision to become intoxicated and then take a 5 ton weapon and not care if they killed peoplw with it. Which they clearly did.

I have no sympathy for the dead drunk driver. Not even a little.

3. mtbinva

mtbinva

Jan 19, 2013
    Virginia
    I was thinking the same thing. The events are just tragic. A rational human being of his right mind...... ah crap, there is no such thing as right mind when both your children are killed in front of you.

Just saying.

4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    they dont have a weapon (yet)......circumstancial evidence so far....he could walk.

5. podwich

podwich

Sep 7, 2000
    MI
    Depends. We do elect some (at least in MI, anyway).

6. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
  7. podwich

podwich

Sep 7, 2000
    MI
    I understand why the man would have done what he did. What he did, however, is not OK. I don't believe he should walk.

8. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Jan 1, 2010
    A cat box in WA
    I would support that.

While I can kinda understand the fathers actions it was not the right thing to do.

9. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Right wing nut Lifetime Member

Mar 30, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    this. It would be more defensible if he shot the guy in a fit of rage after the toxicology report was in --and still murder.

10. yellowhand

yellowhand

Feb 1, 2012
    Arizona
    You kill my kids drunk driving, well, you will never have a chance to do it ever again to any other man's sons.
    I would love to sit on that jury and they need only one like me and will most likely have one like me when he goes to trial, after the second hung jury, he will go home where he belongs.
    Drunk driving is the same as standing in the middle of a busy road, shutting your eyes, and firing off 17 rounds of 9mm from your Glock 17.
    If you do that, you get shot, whats the difference between this driving drunk idiot killing a man's two sons?

11. Plain and simple murder. 2 wrongs never make a right.

In this case, the murder didn't even let the wheels of justice spins and convict the driver, so he didn't even give the system a chance to fail him.

It's sad for his sons lost, but this is USA and not bum **** Afghanistan.

12. Though I think the shooting is not legal, I can see any father do the same thing in those circumstances. I am sure the man reeked of booze.

On one side, the law was broken; on the other, a the dead man will kill no more innocents.

Let's see how the facts are presented. There may be details we will only see at trial, unless a compromise is reached.

13. Willfulone

Willfulone CCA Corvette

Dec 14, 2012
    VA
    I'm thinking he ran home to call 911, grabbed his gun on the
    way back out the door, got back to he scene, and was then
    threatened by a drunk guy...

Will

14. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    After reading the article I got a sense of what happened. It is not like he stalked this guy to his house while he was out on bond and shot him in his front yard, or kicked in his door and drug him by his hair and shot him execution style.

His two boys got turned into road pizza before his eyes, and the guy sloshes out of the vehicle and does his best Urkel impersonation:

[​IMG]

15. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    After reading the article I got a sense of what happened. It is not like he stalked this guy to his house while he was out on bond and shot him in his front yard, or kicked in his door and drug him by his hair and shot him execution style.

His two boys got turned into road pizza before his eyes, and the guy sloshes out of the vehicle and does his best Urkel impersonation:

[​IMG]

16. poikilotrm

poikilotrm

Aug 12, 2010
    Yeah we do.

17. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Every election cycle. Unless of course the are Federal Judges or on the Supreme Court. Then they are appointed.

18. Glotin

Glotin

Aug 16, 2011
    1. VA has no duty to retreat.
    2. "Duty to retreat" and "very gun friendly" do not belong in the same sentence.

19. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Did the dad make mistakes? Yes. Should his kids have been pushing the truck? No. Should he have shot the guy? No. Should the guy have been driving drunk? No.

Do I believe he will be convicted by a jury? I highly doubt it.

20. GMT

GMT GMT224

Jan 16, 2002
    Eastern nc
    He was wrong. This is exactly what the antis hope for. We need to abide by the law.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire