close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fatal Home Invasion South Texas and Advice From Sheriff

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Robalero, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Robalero

Robalero Texican

2. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

Damn, the wrong guy died! :sad:

3. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

4. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

This is the second time during the past two years that I've heard about a story like this. A late night shopper at our local WalMart was approached by a young man - with a gun in his hand - who first asked for money and, then, began shooting at him. The shopper stepped behind the door of his truck, received several shots into the door, and did absolutely nothing - Nothing!

When the last bullet got too close he lay down on the ground, pulled a pistol he was carrying, and began firing from underneath the car door. Must have been a good shot, too, because he struck his attacker in the shin and caused him to break-off the attack. The cops arrived and found an 18 year old young man hiding in WalMart's parking lot shrubbery, bleeding badly. A search of the area, also, turned up a pistol that had been hastily buried under the mulch.

Turns out the attacker was a good looking and popular, adopted child from an affluent local family. The victim and the attacker did not previously know each other; and the news gave no reason for why the attack had occurred. Personally, I think the late night shopper is very lucky to still be alive. If I have exhibited one consistent characteristic throughout my life it's that I have always known better than to wait. If the other guy is close and he has either a gun or a knife, waiting is just plain stupid.

(An indication that you've clearly been reading too much Ayoob.) ;)

I don't know about your WalMart; but, over the past 15 years, ours has been an absolute battleground: Numerous robberies, two murders, at least one kidnapping, and numerous shootings and car thefts. Most of these events have occurred between the late afternoon and midnight. (Got a low boredom threshold? Go late night shopping at your local WalMart!)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  5. sierrafast

sierrafast Coleccionista

He will be getting my vote again.

6. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Great. Another reason not to shop at Walmart.

7. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

They got good prices on crappy (range quality) pistol ammo! :supergrin:

8. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

I have told my wife that if somebody enters our home uninvited and she doesnt know the person she should put 2 rounds in the persons chest without hesitation. I am not sure if she will be able to do that, but I keep trying to convince her that is the right course of action.

9. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Its easy to say "just shoot them" but hard to do. There is a30 yr old who is alive because I hesitated. Legally it would have been a legit shoot. (by laws at time) I had cover so I gave verbal orders as gun was NOT aimed directly at me. The instant that muzzle moved he was DRT.
    Lucky for both of us he froze, lived. Busting down the front door I agree is great plenty to show there is no option.

10. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

My mom is retiring from UT Pan AM this semester and moving up here, I cannot wait for her to get out of the Valley. I hate the idea of her living alone down there.