close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fair share? Fine- How's THIS for FAIR SHARE?!?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Skyhook, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Then why did the economy crash under Bush and the Republicans?

2. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

Why was the U.S. entering a recession under Clinton?

3. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

Obamao took a normal dip in the business cycle, and ran it into a depression by implementing communism.

4. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Delusional thinking is spreading. Are you a disciple of the faux-prophet ayn rand? Perhaps that is why, beyond your own personal preference, you equate any taxation as theft. And as to your complaint of force, the folks in Little Rock, etc. also complained. Reckon why?

5. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    There is a chinese turtle that passes waste through it's mouth. Here we have proof positive that there are people who have also mastered the ability to do exactly the same thing.

6. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Exactly!

7. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Let's get this straight. The financial shock of 2007/2008 was a "normal dip" in the business cycle?

8. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

Sep 12, 2004
    Hilton Head, SC
    Because America gave Congress to the Democrats in 2006.

9. Bruce H

Bruce H

Dec 5, 2000
    missouri
    It was when they let every idiot with a pencil get a loan for a house. There is no way in hell that anybody can pay for an over inflated big ticket item. When normal business cycles started to slow down layoffs began and house payments ceased.

10. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    I'm gonna make a WA guess- Democrat congress with Barney Frank and Chris Dodd pulling with good ole momma Harry Reid?
    How'd I do? :dunno:

11. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA

Oh, Where'd we put that whiner-of-the-year award?

Ya know, pugman, if you were another Jobs, you'd not be so whiny. You had opportunity- opportunity insured by those old farts you despise- what did you do with it?

You are envious of the old, but seem to have forgotten they were getting up every day and going to work long before you stopped crappin' yellow in your 'nappies'.

Just sayin' :upeyes:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  12. Chronos

Chronos

Nov 26, 2007
    You seem really, REALLY enthusiastic about using violence against the innocent to fund your preferred programs. What was your childhood like?

13. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
    This is where the older generation, which I assume based on your post you are part of, just don't get it.

Whiner-no. Realistic-yes.

There was a thread the general section which went on forever titled "Retirement is not a right" guess what...its not.

The only thing which offends me is stupidity and ignorance. While those hittting the social security/Medicare rolls daily keep saying "protect my social security"...I've never heard one single one say "oh yeah, and protect it for my kids."

Simple truth: Social Security will be bankrupt by 2033. It started paying out more in 2010 than it took in. If the elderly are so noble, please tell me your plan to make sure I get my money - which by the way is paying for those on SS right now. Again, the simple truth is social security is a pyramid scheme. When it started there was 33 paying for every one receiving...fast forward and its now 1 to 7 and by the time the last of the baby boomers retire its 1 to 4. Yeah, its a good plan :dunno:

Politicans fool the elderly into saying "we need to keep social security afloat" when in reality they should be saying "how do we sunset it."

I've never seen good come out of putting more money in the hands of government; which is where this all started. The problem is in part the poor don't pay any federal taxes - the bigger problem is the Fed continues to spend like a drunken sailor. Simply put WE ALL PAY TOO MUCH INTO GOVERNMENTS. When you consider up to 30% of your pay ends up back in their hands; hell the vig for the mob is usually only 20%-25%

I don't resent the elderly - I simply think any one of them which give me that "working when you were crapping in your pants" b.s forgets they were young once at well.

Maybe their age is affecting their memory :supergrin:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  14. Chronos

Chronos

Nov 26, 2007
    It's been known for generations that social security is eventually a dead end. And it's also true that the boomers are the richest generation in the history of mankind.

It's a little hard to really feel that sorry for people who invested into a known Ponzi scheme, and who, when confronted with that reality, demand to take their losses out of their kids hides.

15. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

Sep 12, 2004
    Hilton Head, SC
    So if I am wrong, please explain why. I'd like to hear what exactly you feel is the reason taxes are collected. Enlighten me.

16. podwich

podwich

Sep 7, 2000
    MI
    You advocate taking from those who earn until they're "out of business." You advocate theft. You advocate destruction of incentive to work. You are evil.

17. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Make less government and it won't be so challenging.

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    The elderly? You mean the wealthiest demographic in the country?

19. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    I used to think you were just a Progressive. I was wrong. You're a straight up Marxist.

20. I have.

Propaganda, not truth. The viability of Social Security has nothing to do with the number of children the Baby Boomers had. It has to do with the number of high paying jobs there are in the U.S.

When I young I was paying a substantially higher percent of my income in taxes and SSI than you are. Man up. Stop whining.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012