Failure to Aid a Law Enforcement Officer

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by YtownGlock, Feb 7, 2012.

1. That the best you got?:faint:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. TBO

TBO Why so serious?

#122 TBO, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  3. BuckyP

Lifetime Member

I have no stake in this, but that is pretty funny. Sorry. :embarassed:
  4. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

I thought you were done with this forum? :headscratch:
  5. RussP

You are right, to a point. A more correct statement would be that very few "Real Police Officer" want to come on these forums after they deal with all day or night and deal with this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those that do, well they do so for several reasons. No need going into them. You wouldn't accept them.

It wasn't too long ago that even fewer participated. I know a few who use to join in. One of my close personal friends is among those who got frustrated with the unbridled idiocy of the ignorant experts telling them how to do their jobs, spreading lies and misconceptions, making unfounded allegations, and left.

I also know that more and more "Real Police Officer" are joining in discussions not only here in Cop Talk, but also in Carry Issues, Civil Liberties Issues, and other forums they previously ignored.

Don't know if you've you've noticed, MoneyMaker, but those who are not "Real Police Officers" but pretend they are, they do not fair well around here.

And, yes, it is probably best if you are "done with this section of the forum."

But, again, you are somewhat correct. The vast majority of law enforcement officers do not participate on open forums. They prefer sites where members must be vetted to participate. :cool:
  6. RussP

Where did you get that idea? :dunno:
  7. RussP

eb31, you were online this morning. Did you miss my questions?
  8. "So, for you LEOs out there, what do you think about a LAC with a CCW coming to you or your fellow officers aid to save their life? "

The answer is simply Hell NO. Citizens are not normally going to get involved in a simple fight let a lone a gunflight. Most citizen feel that "You're the Police... that's why WE pay you, train you, and our tax dollars buy you TASERs, vest and guns. Trust me bring there. BTW He you every tried to get them to court? " I don't want to get involve..."

The only person you can count on is a good partner. :cop:
    #128 Line Rider, Feb 11, 2012
  9. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Give ed31 a break. It's got to be taxing being an ex-pretend cop AND running a food pantry. All while working part time under a bridge. Have some compassion.

Misspellings intentional.
  10. I think he's under the misconception you pretend to be a cop. Even though we all know better.
  11. RussP

Well, to be totally honest, I really did wear a badge at one lie, no exaggeration. This is it.

Yep, 7th Grade, 1959, Safety Patrolman. Good, now that's out in the open. :cool:

Attached Files:

12. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Your choice....You want a swirly this time or shoved back in the locker? :supergrin:
  13. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

That looks a lot like my first badge! Only mine was in fourth grade, and a whole lot later, lol. :rofl:
  14. He probably doesn't know what a swirly is, although most here probably do. I suspect he would go for a Hertz donut though. :wedgie:
  15. Theres one critical factor that i did not see mentioned. The cops called for back-up. If the CCH is shooting or holding the BGs at gun point when help arrives, it could get real complicated.
  16. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock?
    Silver Member

I love what-ifs (actually I hate them but no matter): What If, while hanging out in Houston, you were seeing this guy below get his butt handed to him by the "BG" was actually this guy pretending to be LEO? This fat SOB pretending to be LEO yells for 'help' and you assist in a wrongful arrest with your own firearm? Holy crap the civil lawsuits ... criminal lawsuits... damn. From reading the news there are so many posers out there right now it is sick.

#136 Javelin, Feb 11, 2012
  17. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Wahoo!!! I'm one of the only, again!!!!

Partner? As in, ride in the car with you? Weird :shocked::wavey:
  18. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

LOL, I don't think so. and no, I can't fit in a locker... :rofl:
  19. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

Actually, I learned what both were in 2nd grade :) that was..... wow... 1998ish
  20. RussP