Failure to Aid a Law Enforcement Officer

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by YtownGlock, Feb 7, 2012.

1. RussP

Specifically, which posters do you consider morons?

Before you screw up too much courage associating yourself with others, you might want to read all the posts in the thread, not just the ones that make you feel all tingly.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Some poeple are simply wired to not "get it"

I think you want to get it, I really do. I dont think you are a bad guy at all but you have a disconnect when it comes to processing information.

Kind of like the gun guy who repeats all the same myths about guns over and over because "that is what he heard" and as time goes on, and he begins to be informed about the real truth, instead of growing in knowledge, he just keeps on repeating and defending all the crap. OR, just keeps believing new crap instead of real truths. It is also similar to conspiracy theory people. The kind of people who are in to them dont cling to just one (which could make sense) they tend to buy all of them. That is not healthy and is in fact a flaw in ones approach.

You, in many posts, about many subjects, just dont seem to be able to muster up complete facts or demonstrate an understanding of a global perspective of an issue.

Is that what you want? Is that who you want to be? A half truth is often as bad as being completly wrong just as bad information in will always equal bad information out.

3. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

4. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock?
    Silver Member

I guess I just worry about me and don't possess this whole "global perspective" that you must have.

As far as a half truth. Rabbi --> I don't know who you are but I would be wiling to meet you in person just out of pure curiousness. Maybe you could continue to explain these half truths that I have. Not a threat -> I am just merely stating I don't mind taking a trip to San Antonio and saying hello. We could discuss it.

:wavey:

#105 Javelin, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  5. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

6. Well, alrighty then. Now I'm really impressed.

Do me a favor. Add me to your Ignore List as well.

7. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock?
    Silver Member

Hey fella. I have taken these little low blows from this Rabbi over and over and they have got to stop. It gets old after a while. He obviously wants to continue the personal insults. I am a very recent Infantry Captain & I don't mind asking that if folks care to make those insults to give them the opportunity to do it in person.

Or is that breaking some secret internet ninja code?

8. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock?
    Silver Member

done/ :wavey:

9. Perfect example...once again you are bent on the wrong course of action.

10. RussP

Aren't you contradicting yourself...

11. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock?
    Silver Member

Nope. I am a lover / not a hater. I don't mind talking about things in person. I grew up in a small town and I guess I have small town mentality.. not some awesome globalization thought process or whatever Rabbi guy claims.

If someone wants to be cynical and crass and enjoys the little remarks and put downs to make themselves feel like they are a superior being on some internet forum I should let them.

Rabbi - I take it back. I am sure you are a great person. You will remain on my ignore list and I will stop clicking to view what cute little remarks you have or to point out flaws in reasoning that I failed to type on my keyboard in replying in a thread.

12. Javelin:

I imagine you are probably still clicking on my posts, because you can't stand not knowing what is being said. Kind of defeats the purpose of the Ignore List, does it not?

I have no hard feelings toward you, and I doubt that anyone else here does. Rabbi has been on here for quite some time, as have many others, including myself. He very seldom has an issue with anyone. What does that tell you?

13. I dont have an issue with Javelin either...none. I have an issue with facts. If someone says 1+1=3 I am going to try to teach them something. As I have said, some poeple have a better track record with facts than others. We are not talking about religion/politics or our favorite colors...things that are quantifiiable.

Some people will go to great lengths to not incorporate new information into their view of things.

#114 Rabbi, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  14. Girls girls girls, you're all pretty... I think this thread has just about run its course. I thank those who actually took the time to read it and answer the underlying question within it :Would you (A CCWer) come to the aid of a downed LEO whether asked to or not. I appreciate the responses. Can you guys make a new thread elsewhere and hold your pissing contest there?

#115 YtownGlock, Feb 11, 2012
  15. Also, as a certain ancient member would say,

Some people are educated far beyond their level of intelligence.

16. To the OP. Yes, I would.

I am not a cop.

17. Sorry but a Real Police Officer does not wanna come on these forums after what they deal with all day or night and deal with this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know way to many of them and they are not gonna come on a forum and discuss there cases and others cases,It just dont happen,The only ones you may see here are new rookies or the retired,But you will not see your everyday police officer that has to deal with crackheads,meth users,prostitution,rape,child abuse,killing,car wrecks ect. on here talking about it or anything else,It is farthest from there minds,So RussP if you think otherwise or want the viewers to think that this forum is full of LE waiting to answer questions or tell there everyday stories,Well more power to you,As i am done with this section of the forum.

18. oh by the way Russ i see you was whata Mall cop,bwahahahahahahahaha

19. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

[​IMG]

#120 TBO, Feb 11, 2012