Failure to Aid a Law Enforcement Officer

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by YtownGlock, Feb 7, 2012.

1. texmex

This situation was similar to the scenario that started this thread. The citizen that came to aid law enforcement saved at least one life but lost his own.

Google Smith County Courthouse Shooting.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

I heard something about that. After I brought up the scenario in class one of my academy buddies told me about this. According to the news report, the shooter was wearing a bullet resistant vest and killed the CCW'er after the CCW'er had shot him.

When we went through the academy the "basic" peace officer training academy, we were not allowed to go for headshots. We were trained solely on center mass. But when I go to the range, I always, always practice headshots. Almost every criminal on the street can get access to a vest. If they can get AKs, then they can get a vest.

Scary world.

3. RussP

Do you have any idea, any idea at all what you just posted?

You say you've been through an academy and you want to go into law enforcement.

When do you expect that mindset to change???

4. RussP

Really? When would you think that time could come for you? :cool:

#44 RussP, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  5. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Oh god, as there are now more and more self-sponsored academies, are all them graduates going to claim they're LEOs?

Fakers and wannabes putting themselves through academies so they can better fool the public. GREAT!

#45 Patchman, Feb 8, 2012

6. Yeah. I have seen some of it here in AZ. They spend 2 semesters at a community college and then run everywhere spouting all that experience as the voice of an "experienced cop".

No Tin, no commission card? Sorry, you failed the original challenge coin quiz.

7. Patchman

Patchman Florist

One day, back in the day when I still had to do...

So we're moving back towards the secret handshakes again?

#47 Patchman, Feb 8, 2012
  8. Did I read this right??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. I can tell you with out a doubt that if I was attending a police Academy and this DB volunteered to have his background checked, and it came back with a Felony a almost felony or anything that would not work well with being a cop, My ears would perk up and I would remember the Details.

perhaps your ability to remember details needs work too.

10. RussP

The same way I did.

11. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Him and other pretenders like him. Out on the streets. Scary, isn't it?

#51 Patchman, Feb 8, 2012

12. As stated by the cognescenti here, going to a self sponsored academy without an agency endorsement/job and spouting opinion like a veteran doesn't confer cop status.

13. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

I'm not a pretender, I dont go around telling people I am a cop. I am NOT a cop.

Its a bad thing that I would take a bullet for a real LEO?

14. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

I never once claimed on this forum that I was a LEO

15. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

Tell you what Mr. Moderator, you and your friends can ridicule me all you like, call me every name in the book, say whatever you want. If you believe that I cannot hack it on this forum then just CLOSE every thread I have ever started or will start. Hell, why not just shut down my account on here? Maybe that would make life better for everyone on here? Just get rid of me. Get rid of another "fake".

I never once proclaimed I was a police officer nor did I ever try to give the impression that I was. All I said was that i went through the academy. Thats it. That is all. I'm done. I give up.

I need to keep my ****ing nose out of these god damn forums.

16. Suggestion:

Just take a break and cool off, and think about this for a bit. I chose to refrain from comment, but I can understand why some folks responded as they did.

The regulars here are good people, and in time, you will very likely start to fit in, and Cop Talk will then start to focus on the next FNG. There is a lot to learn here.

Life goes on.

17. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad
    2. GT Bikers
    3. The JBT's
    4. Project Mayhem

If you want to be a cop, you better grow some thicker skin...and it isnt because of what the knuckleheads on the street will say to you. Catching crap from your fellow Officers is simply part of the culture.

18. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

Thanks. I will take a break and cool off. Things have been a bit rough lately and the last thing I needed was to be ridiculed on here.

19. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

That was one of the first things our instructors told us in the academy. One of our instructors told us that it was "cop culture" to bust each other's balls. We had no problem ripping on each other in the academy. I took a lotta crap in life and was able to go through the academy with no problem. In fact, one of the instructors commended me on how well I was able to handle myself.

I'm gonna take some time and cool off. I know its a rite of passage on here to heckle and rag on the FNG.

Sorry I blew up the way I did.

#59 YtownGlock, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  20. This is what people have an issue with I think.

If I see someone about to execute an officer and I'm armed, I will intervene. Cop or not. If I get shot and killed, then thats the way the cards fell. You don't know that you will survive every day. Is that the goal? Absolutely. But don't for a second think that every cop here isn't prepared to die. If they aren't, they are in the wrong line of work. If you aren't going to do something because you might die (but preparing and fighting to stay alive) then you shouldn't be a cop.