close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fail Zero BCG, opinions?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Cole125, Oct 8, 2012.

1. phil evans

phil evans

May 26, 2006
    austin tx
    using jewlers rouge and 1700rpm buffing motor, i fluffed and buffed S&W internal parts including bolt, took 45 minutes for the bolt,
    the buffing makes the bolt shiney and slick so no place for crud adhesion.
    spent my time buffing one time - rather than scraping carbon after each range visit.

2. I have 10 Vietnam-era M16s with OEM BCGs that are not nib coated, chromed, np3, etc. they are stock, they are dirty and get wiped down every now and then. i drop some lube on them once a month (they sit in the cars all the time) and all rifles have been functioning perfectly. semi auto and full auto.

how clean do you want your BCG? clean enough to eat off of?

it's a work rifle, i don't need it to shine.
    i'd buy more ammo.

:supergrin:

but in the end, it's your money.

3. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    :needspics:

4. here's a quick pic of the most recent three we got in. they look newish. the original seven all had bad FCG (the things would shoot when you released the trigger). Other than those parts, everything else is fine. You can tell those were abused.

these three function perfectly!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ramses II

Ramses II The Great

Jul 8, 2004
    AZ
    I had a FailZero BCG. I actually sold it. It didn'toperateanybetter thana standard, and it was not A LOT easier to clean. It was easier, but expected much easier for the $. Stick w/ a BCM or DD. Spend the extra $ on ammo.

6. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Why are you scraping carbon after each range visit? Are you shooting 10,000 rounds at a time? All they need after any normal range trip is a wipe-down (if that) and more oil.