close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Faded Glory...Lefever Nito Special

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by CajunBass, Apr 16, 2013.

1. I posted a couple of cell phone pictures of a Lefever Nitro Special, 16 ga I had put on layaway last week. I picked it up, bought it home, and cleaned it up a little. Got a lot of dust, fine rust, and general crud off it. It locks tight, the bores are bright and shiney. The chambers have been reamed out for 2 3/4" shells, and the stock/forearm most likely have been replaced at some point along the line. Still for $200.00, not too bad.

I could get bit by the double shotgun bug if I'm not careful.

A few slightly better pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wood really looks nice from this side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It won't win a beauty contest, that's for sure, but who knows. Maybe it will become a project gun somewhere down the line.

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Very nice indeed, my friend.

Its a classic :cool:

3. fusegsp

fusegsp

Jan 5, 2009
    Iowa
    Anytime I see a classic American double it makes me think of the first gun I bought with my own money. It was a field grade L.C. Smith 12 gauge. I sold it like an idiot and regret it to this day.

4. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

May 15, 2011
    Alaska
    I have my Dad's Nitro Special in 12 g with full choke bbls. I have hosed lots of birds and other stuff with it.

5. The first gun I ever bought with money I made working was a Sears-Roebuck 12 ga double (rebadged Stevens 311). 30" mod/full barrels, 2 3/4" chambers.

I sold it the first Christmas I was married to buy Christmas presents for my wife. Now wife and gun are both gone.

I'd like to have the gun back. :rofl: