close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Factory threaded barrels

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by glockusr, Oct 23, 2012.

1. glockusr

glockusr

Oct 19, 2012
    Does anyone have any info on the factory threaded barrels? I'm thinking of picking one up for my 19 but I wanted to know more about them. Are their different versions / generations or was it all one batch? Etc. Thanks for any and all info!

2. JBS

JBS

Apr 4, 2012
    TX
    Glock G21 M16 X 1 LH
    Glock G19 M13.5 X 1 LH

3. rimshaker

rimshaker

Feb 16, 2012
    I got both for my G19 gen2 and G21sf. Easy drop ins. But they don't come with thread protectors. They're gen3 designs and use metric threads. Internal barrel rifling (twist rate) is the same as any other Glock factory barrel. Great choice if you're going the silencer route. And metric threads have several advantages over standard threads.

4. rimshaker

rimshaker

Feb 16, 2012
    ^^^ Wow great info thx. I stand corrected then.... factory threaded barrels are gen4 (and late gen3) designs. And they also work in gen2 pistols from my personal experience.

5. chemcmndr

chemcmndr

Aug 23, 2008
    Beavercreek, OH
    I have factory barrels for my G17, G19, and G21.

All are metric threaded, and I've used the G19 barrel in both a Gen 2 and Gen 3 gun and the G21 barrel in a Gen 2 gun. They lock up tight to my suppressors and they feed ammunition reliably. I switched to them after having issues with some Lone Wolf barrels not wanting to chamber some of my reloads. The Glock barrels handle them without a problem.

I was able to get AAC thread protectors for all of them for $25 each and they have the o-ring inside to interface with the barrel for a tight lockup.

As of right now, I think Glock only has these three threaded barrels on the market.

6. rimshaker

rimshaker

Feb 16, 2012
    You can also use the G19 threaded barrel on a G26 just fine. The barrel will just stick out an xtra inch. Not the prettiest looking but still works with a can reliably.

7. glockusr

glockusr

Oct 19, 2012
  8. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

Sep 10, 2006
    Red Neck Riviera
    I put a Glock threaded barrel on my new G19 Gen4. Have never had a FTF, BTF or FTE. So obviously the problems are with standard barrels:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Chris

9. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    :rofl::rofl: Finally! A true solution to the problem

10. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

Sep 10, 2006
    Red Neck Riviera
    1650 more round thru my G19 Gen 4 with a Glock threaded barrel and NO BTF, (all reloads). Certainly seems like the perfect solution. Just won't sell of my factory G19 barrel yet. Maybe this is the solution to my new BTF G30 Gen 4 or maybe just sell it.

11. nraman

nraman

Dec 9, 2002
    Where can I get a factory threaded barrel?
    Thanks.

12. ejjeff

ejjeff

Dec 21, 2011
    Has Glock ever made threaded barrels for 40 cal pistols?