Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Factory Pin Srtipe question

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by Big Time, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Big Time

Big Time Senior User

Jan 13, 2002
    Columbus, Georgia
    Can anyone tell me how to safely remove factory pinstripe or decals off a car that has a soft clearcoat?Without hurting the finish?Mainly want to remove the dealers name that looks like the same as pinstriping material.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Big Time
  2. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

Mar 14, 2006
    Breaking the law in CT
    the dealer name shouldn't be under the clearcoat (because the car comes painted and then the dealer adds their logo)

Usually they are stickers and will come off with a little heat from a hair dryer and patience. However if they are painted on, a good detailer can buff them right out, without damage to the clearcoat.

Hope that helps

3. Depends on the car make and stealership.

I had a Mazda that I bought new and the dealer's logo peeled right off with a fingernail.
  4. cpw006

May 12, 2007
    I worked at a dealership in the detail department and we always had people wanting to remove them. We used either a hairdryer and peeled them off. If that did not work then sometimes we would use a razorblade and soapy water. You have to be very careful doing it this way but it works very well if you have a steady hand. Then to get the glue off just use any name brand cleaner wax and you should be good to go.
  5. Big Time

Big Time Senior User

Jan 13, 2002
    Columbus, Georgia
    Thanks everybody,I used a hairdryer then cleaned up with zippo type lighter fluid,then wash/wax. Looks nice,like its supposed to.:thumbsup:

6. :agree: